Happy Robert E. Lee Day!

Tomorrow never comes. So she will be my current wife. But it still wouldn't make sense to say it any other way than "future" or "to be."

And treason is good for the soul. Just look at that guy, Robert Hanssen, languishing in federal prison, and featured in last year's movie "Breach," who is obviously going to roast in the afterlife...

Well, tell me Threedee, whether or not you do get a wife, does it matter? So just assume you never will, and you won't be let down.

And treason.. well, it's only a subjective thing. One mans treasoneer is another mans hero. Our founding fathers were big time into treason.

I haven't read The Divine Comedy, so the only circle of hell I know about is the innermost part where the traitors (Judas, Brutus, Cassius, Arnold and Hanssen) go.

My quote "it matters a very great deal" was in reference to you asking whether getting married mattered much to me.

Victory determines the difference between a rebellion and a revolution. Also, the patriots were being subjected to a conspiracy by Parliament to turn them into slaves. On a lesser not, their English Constitutional rights were being ignored.

Yes, I have always found treason to be both admirable and endearing. That's why my future wife is going to be a full-fledged traitor.

What treason? He fought for his home, to protect where his family lived.

Federal/State power wasn't always as set in stone as it is these days...who is to say he was a traitor? He fought for the Union during the Mexican-American War, and he was also the first to be offered the command of the Union Army by Lincoln right before the start of the Civil War...he chose, instead, to fight for his State.

I haven't read The Divine Comedy, so the only circle of hell I know about is the innermost part where the traitors (Judas, Brutus, Cassius, Arnold and Hanssen) go.

My quote "it matters a very great deal" was in reference to you asking whether getting married mattered much to me.

Victory determines the difference between a rebellion and a revolution. Also, the patriots were being subjected to a conspiracy by Parliament to turn them into slaves. On a lesser not, their English Constitutional rights were being ignored.

So the only difference is victory? Isn't that arbitrary and capricious? If the Chinese come over here, conquer us, and kill every third child in the nation, then they're morally upstanding citizens, while if the American revolution had failed George Washington would be in hell?

Yes, I have always found treason to be both admirable and endearing. That's why my future wife is going to be a full-fledged traitor.

Lee was a military genius who commanded respect and reverence from Confederate and Union soldiers alike. He served his home nobly, and defended the South as long as he could with what he was given.

Back