Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Cooking?

My Irish side is currently fasting on a liquid diet. ;)
I got a scolding from my Aunt on St. Patty’s Day, she’s our family historian and I’ve been keeping in close contact with her, she’s the last of my dad’s brothers and sisters, she’s 90. She told me, we are Scottish, our clan fought with William the Orange. We wear orange on St. Patty’s Day. We had a few Irish sneak into the family in the 1800’s, but we are Scottish.
I learned something! ;)

I got a scolding from my Aunt on St. Patty’s Day, she’s our family historian and I’ve been keeping in close contact with her, she’s the last of my dad’s brothers and sisters, she’s 90. She told me, we are Scottish, our clan fought with William the Orange. We wear orange on St. Patty’s Day. We had a few Irish sneak into the family in the 1800’s, but we are Scottish.
I learned something! ;)

Me too. I didn't realize that was still a thing. Of course, unlike others who claim to be hyphenated Americans, I'm 100% American even though my ancestors came from several places in Western Europe and the Mediterranean. Mostly English, Irish and Spanish...but I'll drink to anyone's national holiday. :clink:

Me too. I didn't realize that was still a thing. Of course, unlike others who claim to be hyphenated Americans, I'm 100% American even though my ancestors came from several places in Western Europe and the Mediterranean. Mostly English, Irish and Spanish...but I'll drink to anyone's national holiday. :clink:
That’s the way I feel. I’m 100% American, and I love celebrating other’s holidays, like Chinco de Mayo. I do love hearing the family history.

I do not get to say Bonnie Lass often and would be remiss to blow the opportunity

I learned something! ;)

Thanks for sharing, bonnie lass!

I stand with Voltaire in saying, we look to Scotland for our ideas of civilization.

Back