HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!

Ross Dolan

Contributor
EVERYONE!

Including the people with whom I sometimes get into mouthing-off arguments.

I'm thankful for this forum...for allowing me to blow off steam that truly needs to be blown off.

I'm thankful that I live in a time where most humans have more freedom than 99% of all the people who have lived before.

I'm thankful that I have the music of Verdi, Puccini, Wagner, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Ravel, Chopin and The Rolling Stones to enjoy.

I am thankful for the art of Van Gogh, Michelangelo, Da Vinci, and Dali.

And mostly I am thankful that the GIANTS won a few more games this year. I will be even more thankful if they beat the Eagles this Sunday.

And I am thankful for my cyber-family...the ones I mostly agree with and the ones I mostly disagree with.

One of my brothers is out deer hunting in the frigid cold today. Texted him a picture of a cup of coffee and the six deer walking around my backyard. Holidays are all about family trolling.

Thanks, TOP.

I know what ya mean, Iolo. You coulda left that as a double post.

Laughed out loud at this one, Kacper. He musta really appreciated the pictures.

Cold here in Jersey. Deer in my backyard also.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Debbie...
oh please. It's simply a mention -not some harangue thread take over. You could have simply acknowledge it or ignored it- but for those of us that remember we'll never forget it. now go stuff some bird!

oh please. It's simply a mention -not some harangue thread take over. You could have simply acknowledge it or ignored it- but for those of us that remember we'll never forget it. now go stuff some bird!

Sometimes I think I am the only member here not eligible for a membership in the AARP.

I, however, knew this was the anniversary. I found it odd, but not surprising, that twitter was all over Bush having visited troops for Thanksgiving when he was POTUS as part of their anti-Trump messaging, but largely ignored the JFK thing. I am sure evince will be along soon enough repeating the talking point of the day.

Happy T-Day all.

Watching the Macy's Day Parade, amused they had a gay song and dance number front and center, from the show Prom.

That's gotta tick off a lotta conservatives.

I guess capitalism has spoken.

There's money to be made selling gay, so gay is OK.

Whudda conundrum for the greediest conservatives.

It's the old toss up.

Money or morals.

Are conservatives going to boycott Macy's now?

EVERYONE!

I'm thankful for this forum...for allowing me to blow off steam that truly needs to be blown off.

I'm thankful that I live in a time where most humans have more freedom than 99% of all the people who have lived before.

I'm thankful that I have the music of Verdi, Puccini, Wagner, Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Ravel, Chopin and The Rolling Stones to enjoy.

And mostly I am thankful that the GIANTS won a few more games this year. I will be even more thankful if they beat the Eagles this Sunday.

And I am thankful for my cyber-family...the ones I mostly agree with and the ones I mostly disagree with.

Happy Food Coma Day.

When does the football start.

I was never much of a football fan until the president said we should boycott the NFL.

Been a huge fan ever since!

EVERYONE!

Thanks for the post, Frank.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone ... and like Frank says, that's to EVERYONE (Yes, that means Legina too)

EVERYONE!

Fuck off you old codger, and I do mean OLD. Oh and, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Frank. :D

That steam blowing thing is kinda cathartic. :D :D

Anatta Yeah, a date that will sting all of us old enough to remember. Or the one 2 days later when we watched a guy get shot to death on TV. I honestly thought that was the end of the world...or at least, of the United States.

Glad I was wrong.

Nomad
thanks for stopping by.

Poli Enjoy the games. I know I will. I've been an NFL fan since 1958!

Apple-Lung-Li-Chiao...wow...that moniker is a mouthful! And, YES, I probably will over-eat today. (I'm cooking for the family.)

Jack Yep...great day to "come together." (My favorite holiday, by the way!)

Countryboy thanks for stopping by and busting my chops. We certainly agree that letting go of our steam in this forum is cathartic. Even in the seemingly angry posts...I do it with a smile. I have the advantage of knowing no matter how screwed up things get...I won't have to endure it for long.

Just heard singing in Spanish at the Macy's Day Parade.

This is definitely not a parade for conservatives.

Have not seen the big baby Trump with the cell phone balloon yet, though.

Anatta Yeah, a date that will sting all of us old enough to remember. Or the one 2 days later when we watched a guy get shot to death on TV. I honestly thought that was the end of the world...or at least, of the United States.

Glad I was wrong.

Nomad
thanks for stopping by.

Poli Enjoy the games. I know I will. I've been an NFL fan since 1958!

Apple-Lung-Li-Chiao...wow...that moniker is a mouthful! And, YES, I probably will over-eat today. (I'm cooking for the family.)

Jack Yep...great day to "come together." (My favorite holiday, by the way!)

Countryboy thanks for stopping by and busting my chops. We certainly agree that letting go of our steam in this forum is cathartic. Even in the seemingly angry posts...I do it with a smile. I have the advantage of knowing no matter how screwed up things get...I won't have to endure it for long.

I know you do Frank, nothing personal on my end either. I really do hope you and yours have a great Thanksgiving. Say hello to your lovely wife for us. I remember you had a picture of you and her on a boat or something posted on another forum. You definitely married up. So did I! Couple of lucky guys eh?

Back