Happy Valentine's Day!

You can be loving towards someone daily, and still send flowers and have a romantic dinner on V-day. The two are not mutually exclusive. I've always loved Valentine's day, it always brightens me up and puts me in a good mood. It's just nice.

We had a nice romantic evening. I am just against all the hoopla thrown out for a "made-up" holiday. So many guys feel pressured to do something romantic for that one day. Being romantic is not a holiday thing. I am lucky that my g/f agrees that V-Day is nonsense. As she put it, it is a holiday for "romantic amateurs".

Exactly and if you buy them and give them you get laid. I like champagne on Valentine's Day.

Or you can surprise her with flowers throughout the year, bring sentimental gifts for no reason other than to see her smile, and generally be a romantic, loving b/f. Then you get laid far more than with a single holiday in which you bought a gift because you felt obligated.

It is fun to call it Single's Awareness Day, but I have suffered through many V-Days without a girlfriend, and not hated the day. This year, I finally have a Valentine, and we will be celebrating ours tomorrow.

Apparently, only Saint Patrick's Day is less celebrated than Valentines (which is criminal, because it's so easy to drink beer and down Irish Car Bombs, WTF?!!?).

Oh, one of those guys, lol!

Yep, one of those guys.

One of those guys who doesn't say the words unless he means it. One of those guys who brings her gifts because he wants to give to her, not because of some advertising blitz. One of those guys who believes that romance starts in the heart, not in the wallet. One of those guys who spends the entire year making sure she knows she is cherished and loved.

Yep, one of those guys.

Also, since V-Day is about love and couples, why is so little mentioned about ladies doing for their men?

We had a nice romantic evening. I am just against all the hoopla thrown out for a "made-up" holiday. So many guys feel pressured to do something romantic for that one day. Being romantic is not a holiday thing. I am lucky that my g/f agrees that V-Day is nonsense. As she put it, it is a holiday for "romantic amateurs".

Obviously you haven't read about me here - I ain't no amateur! haha

Yep, one of those guys.

One of those guys who doesn't say the words unless he means it. One of those guys who brings her gifts because he wants to give to her, not because of some advertising blitz. One of those guys who believes that romance starts in the heart, not in the wallet. One of those guys who spends the entire year making sure she knows she is cherished and loved.

Oh.

Or you can surprise her with flowers throughout the year, bring sentimental gifts for no reason other than to see her smile, and generally be a romantic, loving b/f. .

Honestly you can do both. To be serious for a minute. I don't get the either or. I've always had both. I've never demanded or asked for anything but I've always received floral deliveries on Valentine's day. Maybe because I love flowers and people always know, I get them throughout the year too. It's not either/or. I don't get the resentment, but to each their own. Whatever makes you happy.

Honestly you can do both. To be serious for a minute. I don't get the either or. I've always had both. I've never demanded or asked for anything but I've always received floral deliveries on Valentine's day. Maybe because I love flowers and people always know, I get them throughout the year too. It's not either/or. I don't get the resentment, but to each their own. Whatever makes you happy.

I dislike the fake sense of it all and the fact that it becomes an obligation. I don't resent it. I haven't done V-Day for years, and haven't had any complaints. I am not anti-romance.

It's about making her believe and creating a fantasy. They know it's not real, also - this isn't professional wrestling!!

"It's about making her believe "

Maybe that is what bothers me. Making her believe? If she didn't believe you on Feb 13th, why would roses and chocolates change that? It shouldn't be a fantasy. It should be the reality that she is loved.

I dislike the fake sense of it all and the fact that it becomes an obligation. I don't resent it. I haven't done V-Day for years, and haven't had any complaints. I am not anti-romance.

I don't buy that. Everything is an obligation looked at that way. Are you telling me you're not obligated to do something for someone's birthday? I'm obligated to do many birthday's every year. If I wanted to view it as an obligation, but I don't. Valentine's day is the only holiday I ever see that said about though. What's a bigger obligation than Christmas? Or a bigger budget-buster.

You can be loving towards someone daily, and still send flowers and have a romantic dinner on V-day. The two are not mutually exclusive. I've always loved Valentine's day, it always brightens me up and puts me in a good mood. It's just nice.
I loathed VD when I was single. It was a stark reminder that everyone had that special someone to love.....but me. :cry:

Last edited:
Or you can surprise her with flowers throughout the year, bring sentimental gifts for no reason other than to see her smile, and generally be a romantic, loving b/f. Then you get laid far more than with a single holiday in which you bought a gift because you felt obligated.
My wife got me the same VD gift she gives me every year. A shirt and a piece of ass.....and both were too big.

Back