Harris is the underdog.

He is also the more skilled debater.

She will have a difficult time with him.
He is a horrible debater. he clowns around, rambles, and grimaces making faces. She was a debater in college and has presented many cases in court as a prosecutor. Trump knows no stupid childish behavior will impact his voters.

It’s clear at this point that Vice President Harris is the underdog in this race.

The electoral college presents a difficult challenge as explained by Nate Silver.

If she wants to win she needs lots of cash, luck and everyone to vote.
It's possible the debate could change the picture.

If Trump reverts to his typical old self by going off on looney tangents, it could create a shift.

One other small factor to consider is the fact that 11 states, including some high electoral vote swing states like Florida, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, will have legalized recreational weed on the ballot this year, which some feel might motivate young, more liberal minded voters to get out and vote....

Screenshot-20240907-111910.jpg

....with the assumption being that they would also vote mostly blue.

To me, the electoral college is just one of many reasons why our constitution sucks.
Our entire federal concept sucks.
America is excessively controlled by an undereducated, socially regressive minority as a result.
Democracy is good.
Ours was moronically conceived by underqualified framers.

Yet, our constitution is vigorously defended by the most progressive liberal Democrats and the most socially regressive Republicans alike,

While it's generally defended, however, I've never heard a very detailed and rational reason for doing so.

It gave us the most shit for brains form of government on the planet earth.
Other, more modern self-determined democracies make us look like Neanderthals.
Certainly there are flaws in the way our system was set up, our electoral method in particular, the rest of your comments are pure hyperbole.

He is a horrible debater. he clowns around, rambles, and grimaces making faces. She was a debater in college and has presented many cases in court as a prosecutor. Trump knows no stupid childish behavior will impact his voters.
Technically, you are correct. But somehow people seem to really like the stupid clowning around childish faces and rambling, when it comes from him.

If she did any of that, everyone would be screaming.

I would really love to see someone respond to him, calling them a name by turning to him and saying you are a fat ass who pretends to be able to play golf one of the most lackadaisical sports on the planet.

If he challenges her to a golf match, I hope Harris says, sorry I’m going to be way too busy running the country.

Back