Have a game and 400 show up .....

Well for the marlins it is not for lack of trying :)

t’s Time for MLB to Rethink the Marlins Stadium Strategy
User Rating: / 6
PoorBest
Written by Maury Brown
Wednesday, 29 August 2007

Maury BrownUnless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve heard that the Florida Marlins are laboring to get into a new stadium. Current owner Jeffery Loria has been working to get into a new facility since purchasing the team in Feb. of 2002, but his predecessors John Henry and Wayne Huizenga had tried unsuccessfully to pull it off as well.

This year, however, seemed like the best shot at passage of public funding with new Governor Charlie Crist being the former general counsel for Minor League Baseball and a supporter of the new stadium effort, and MLB taking an active lead role where the Marlins had been doing so before. All that was dashed for the seventh consecutive year when the gavel came down at the end of the legislative session, and the Marlins were, yet again, standing in the “have-not” line; their funding bills sitting dead in committee.

As of today, the word “grim” has been used to describe where the state of the funding effort is leading into the off-season.

With the Marlins’ lease at Dolphin Stadium set to expire in 2010, the sense of urgency is all too real for the Marlins.

And, for once in the stadium game, that 2010 deadline might really be putting the Marlins and MLB up against the wall. In the past teams such as the Twins have threatened to back out of a lease, only to extend it. In the case of the Marlins, the option of a lease extension with Huizenga at Dolphin Stadium changed this past week, making it all but out of reach.

What has altered matters is the University of Miami, who signed a long-term lease agreement with Huizenga to move the Hurricanes out of the aging Orange Bowl and into Dolphin Stadium. This new arrangement makes the Marlins the third wheel. You know that age-old adage: “Two’s company…”
(Select Read More to see the rest of this article and Vote in Our Online Poll on the Marlins stadium situation)

Suddenly, MLB and the Marlins are in the potentially embarrassing position of having an MLB team with no place to play come 2010. Stadium funding efforts have hinged on breaching a funding gap, with the public not willing to fill the void. The Marlins and MLB have stuck to the well-worn game plan of feeding rhetoric to the press and public on how a stadium has to happen in Florida, but please don’t look to us (MLB or the Marlins) to take care of the situation.

The gravity of the situation has reached the highest levels of MLB, with Commissioner Selig meeting with Miami and Miami-Dade County officials in Florida yesterday to try and add weight to getting the deal done. The word “constructive” was used often to describe the meetings.

“It's clear to me that all of us are on the same page," Selig said. "We want to get a stadium deal done here as expeditiously as possible."

http://www.bizofbaseball.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1466&Itemid=39

usc's is the gayest of morons, no offense ment to Robdawy.
NOt in a sexual way in a trailor trash I think I'm smart I went to the desh school of trolling sort of way. I'll cut and past a weak ass dem talking point and then proceed to display my amazing trailor park experiences.

Sorry spinner if you are looking for a boy friend do not look in my direction.
I am very comfortable with my hetro lifestyle.
I can probably find you someone though who worships gayness and money as much as you do though.
I would be glad to assist in you gay quest.

Back