Hello Yanks!

All of 26 Degrees, eh?

(For those of us on this side of the pond... That's a powerful 80 degrees)

We have imperial over here too. Seems to be a misconception about us and metric.

We still serve beer in pints, our street signs are in miles, we still buy a pound of apples. Europe has tried to change us, but hasn't succeeded....

Yeah but are your gallons and such the same as ours ?

They sell by the liter. I've seen it. One liter costs about what one gallon costs here, which means they pay about 4 times what we do for gasoline.

I think changing from gallons to litres was one of the first things to change, mainly because confused people didn't realise exactly how expensive fuel was becoming as they couldn't be bothered working out the relative cost.

Nowadays people realise how expensive fuel is as drivers have to resort to pimping out their wives in return for half a tankful of unleaded.

I think changing from gallons to litres was one of the first things to change, mainly because confused people didn't realise exactly how expensive fuel was becoming as they couldn't be bothered working out the relative cost.

Nowadays people realise how expensive fuel is as drivers have to resort to pimping out their wives in return for half a tankful of unleaded.

I have been wondering if we would go to the per liter gas sales in the USA for the same reason.

I have been wondering if we would go to the per liter gas sales in the USA for the same reason.

Don't do it, if only to spite the French.

They have taken away our gallons and are always suspiciously eyeing up our miles. You cannot succumb to a French measurement system, even if it does, at first glance, seem to make more sense than Imperial.

They sell by the liter. I've seen it. One liter costs about what one gallon costs here, which means they pay about 4 times what we do for gasoline.

That's because of..... tax!

They have taken away our gallons and are always suspiciously eyeing up our miles.

They'll never take our miles! There would be chaos? Who at all in the UK even thinks in kilometres?

* U.S. liquid gallon is legally defined as 231 cubic inches,[1] and is equal to (exactly) 3.785411784 litres (1 L = 10-3 m3) or about 0.13368 cubic feet. This is the most common definition of a gallon in the United States. The U.S. fluid ounce is defined as 1/128 of a U.S. gallon.
* U.S. dry gallon is one-eighth of a U.S. Winchester bushel of 2150.42 cubic inches, thus 268.8025 cubic inches (exactly) or 4.40488377086 litres (exactly). The U.S. dry gallon is less commonly used, and is not listed in the relevant statute, which jumps from the dry quart to the peck.[1]
* Imperial (UK) gallon is legally defined as 4.54609 litres. This definition is used in Commonwealth countries and Ireland, and is based on the volume of 10 pounds of water at 62 °F. (A U.S. liquid gallon of water weighs about 8.33 pounds at the same temperature.) The Imperial fluid ounce is defined as 1/160 of an Imperial gallon.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_gallon"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_gallon[/ame]

Didn't know there was such a thing as a US gallon. You learn something everyday!

Knowing you guys, your gallon will be bigger....

Aha! No, actually, it's the opposite. (I'm from Canada and for some reason they like to make that comparison there).

Didn't know there was such a thing as a US gallon. You learn something everyday!

Knowing you guys, your gallon will be bigger....

As i'm frequently told by women struggling to stifle a giggle "size does not matter".

However, i think i'm right in saying that ours is bigger than theirs. Cheg on America.

Not all of us are Yanks - nice to see you back ...Any Old Iron ...I keep wanting to launch into the song :D

Ya'll have an irritating way of calling all Americans "Yanks". Technically, a Yankee is only from the New England region.

Though I must admit, it is humerous to hear someone call a die hard southern rebel like Dixie a Yank! LOL

I'm sure that gets under his skin with a quick burn! LOL

Back