Hey Everyone

Epicurus

Reasonable
As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been around much over the past couple of months. I started law school last week, and as Soc and Jarod will attest the first year of law school is akin to boot camp so I'm not sure how much more free time I will have. In my spare time in between classes and obsessively briefing cases I intend to stop in and share my thoughts about the raging healthcare "debate".

As some of you may have noticed, I haven't been around much over the past couple of months. I started law school last week, and as Soc and Jarod will attest the first year of law school is akin to boot camp so I'm not sure how much more free time I will have. In my spare time in between classes and obsessively briefing cases I intend to stop in and share my thoughts about the raging healthcare "debate".

I hope you are learning much and will bring those skills to enrich our society. Good deal!

Congrats and good luck. Cawacko is right, you are on the bright side of this board! I love to read your thoughts. Keep us posted on your progress.

Best of luck. Get as much sleep as you can. You'll be losing a lot of it.

Good luck Epi, but it seems to me you are working to join those you despise?

This is the best way I can be a voice for the people I care about and the society I've lived in for these past years. No one is really speaking for them right now, and few care about what they face at the hands of an impersonal and heavy-handed legal system.

And if I get rich in the process, so be it. :)

This is the best way I can be a voice for the people I care about and the society I've lived in for these past years. No one is really speaking for them right now, and few care about what they face at the hands of an impersonal and heavy-handed legal system.

Well said. Just stick with your dream and a very sincere best wishes from me.
ps I hope you get rich in the process.

Don't overestimate your ability to resist temptation Epic.

If the polls come in saying that you need to drop them like a hot potato or risk the election, there is a 99% chance you're going to do what any politician would do. And if you want to be a defense attorney, LOL. Ah, cynicism...

Congrats and good luck. Cawacko is right, you are on the bright side of this board! I love to read your thoughts. Keep us posted on your progress.

Yeah, when I knew I was going to be majoring in history, I considered law school as a possible vehicle for my BA, but I quickly dismissed it because I have neither the aptitude for it, nor the guts to tough it out. Have a miserable 3 years, Epic, but a great journey afterward.

:clink:

I love how everyone is assuming law=politics.

I can do as much if not more good for my society by remaining an attorney. It's still early to be deciding this, but I'm thinking I would want my primary focus to be as a trial lawyer in negligence suits. That's where the money is if you're good, and you'll starve if you're bad.

For moral fulfillment, I would undertake pro bono criminal cases mostly related to drug law. Plenty of my friends get in trouble all the time, and I would love to be able to help them out since many of them cannot afford anything resembling decent legal representation.

Yeah, when I knew I was going to be majoring in history, I considered law school as a possible vehicle for my BA, but I quickly dismissed it because I have neither the aptitude for it, nor the guts to tough it out. Have a miserable 3 years, Epic, but a great journey afterward.

:clink:

Well I'll see if I do. It's all sort of overwhelming in the first semester but hopefully I can pick it up quickly.

Well I'll see if I do. It's all sort of overwhelming in the first semester but hopefully I can pick it up quickly.

I wasn't, I was thinking pro bono, and how good you would be at defending those people you spoke about in your previous post!

I know you will be great.

Back