Hey GRIND!!!111SHIFTPLUSONE!1111 You Rep-wrecker extraordinaire...

I see you are eleventy-threeve today. What the heck are you still in college for? Get a job.

How old is he? Twenty four?

Grind still has law school to go through. He's sort of been farting around at his college. I'm probably only going to go to grad school (or directly into the workforce as an engineer) when I'm twenty-three.

That's a scary thought, Watermark as an engineer. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll work for some government agency, where he'll have no design responsibility. Sure he will, as he'd never cut in the private sector.

How old is he? Twenty four?

Grind still has law school to go through. He's sort of been farting around at his college. I'm probably only going to go to grad school (or directly into the workforce as an engineer) when I'm twenty-three.

Jeez...Gring is 24?? That's it?

My GOD...I got underwear older than that!

Happy Birthday ya little skid mark!

I've heard that shit many times before, but the most memorable was from an MIT grad, feeling it beneath her to work under my supervision in my division of the company. I assigned her to design a sediment pond for a site, expecting her to come back in a few hours with questions. After 2 hours she tossed some paper on my desk with a completed design, and I looked it over and asked her how she intended to keep the earth accelerating at a constant rate in order to keep the water surface at the slope that she was proposing.

I generally ask questions. Your design is likely to have a flaws and its good to have another pair of eyes look over it first so that they can spot the things you overlooked. Also, it prevents you from designing the whole thing based on a flawed premise, like that girl did.

I've seen a lot of arrogance in my field, from fellow students pissing away their learning opportunity in a technical writing course to bosses waiting two days to review my work then expecting me to make petty changes two hours before a presentation. They've come and gone and I'm still at it.

You can't help it though. Commies think that they should be making decisions for everyone.

No doubt you'll end up on a gray desk somewhere, working for some government agency.

I've heard that shit many times before, but the most memorable was from an MIT grad, feeling it beneath her to work under my supervision in my division of the company. I assigned her to design a sediment pond for a site, expecting her to come back in a few hours with questions. After 2 hours she tossed some paper on my desk with a completed design, and I looked it over and asked her how she intended to keep the earth accelerating at a constant rate in order to keep the water surface at the slope that she was proposing.

It must have bugged the shit out of you that a woman could do the job without having to come get the Southern Man's help.

Grind is 25 for everyone who cannot read the little message at the bottom of the boards opening page.

LOL. You just gave Grind a present. Seriously. Did you even read what she had done?

It is his birthday, isn't it?

Seriously, I read the incomplete explanation posted by SM, where he assigned a woman a project, she came back with the project completed and he retorted as he so often does, with his standard snarky comeback.

Did Brainiac leave part of the story out, say, the mistake the woman made?

It is his birthday, isn't it?

Seriously, I read the incomplete explanation posted by SM, where he assigned a woman a project, she came back with the project completed and he retorted as he so often does, with his standard snarky comeback.

Did Brainiac leave part of the story out, say, the mistake the woman made?
No, he made it clear that she had presented a pool that was untenable at best.

This is the part you should read more carefully:

and asked her how she intended to keep the earth accelerating at a constant rate in order to keep the water surface at the slope that she was proposing.

No, he made it clear that she had presented a pool that was untenable at best.

This is the part you should read more carefully:

Then show me in SM's above post where he explains to us, the readers here at these boards, that the design she presented was untenable.

Granted, I don't think even SM is a big enough douche to tell off a subordinate like that without reason, but he failed to include the reason and his story is incomplete. Where is the description of the mistake she made that allowed him to respond as he did?

All I see is another example of SM denigrating another.

Last edited:
Back