HIMYM Finale

how would how i met your mother even be in the same type of comparison is breaking bad? they are completely different types of shows.

how would how i met your mother even be in the same type of comparison is breaking bad? they are completely different types of shows.

It's not about comparing the shows, it's my opinion of which of those three shows had the worst finale. Of course Breaking Bad beat out both of them and lots of others as far as overall brilliance.

HIMYM is no "Big Bang Theory" but it is pretty funny.

Especially anything that involved NPH!

Yeah it's funny, over at the av club they hate BBT, but I love that show. I've watched that more than HIMYM. Of course being a 90's chick Friends and Seinfeld are still my favs. I still watch them late night if I can't sleep.

Yeah it's funny, over at the av club they hate BBT, but I love that show. I've watched that more than HIMYM. Of course being a 90's chick Friends and Seinfeld are still my favs. I still watch them late night if I can't sleep.

I never got into those two but loved Melrose Place and Ally McBeal.

Spoilers!

I read a lot of the comments on the AV Club, and people are really pissed. They feel that the show was saying that Robin was his one true love all along, and he never loved the mother. I don't see it that way at all. I thought it was saying that there is no "one". No one soul mate so to speak. That you have more than one great and very true love in your life. And also that no one knows what the future holds and it is possible to find happiness again after tragedy. He did love the mother and never would have left her for Robin if she hadn't died. But he also loved Robin. He still loved Robin the whole time he was with the mother, and he will still love the mother the whole time he is with Robin.

Some people can't get their minds around that.

Spoilers!

I read a lot of the comments on the AV Club, and people are really pissed. They feel that the show was saying that Robin was his one true love all along, and he never loved the mother. I don't see it that way at all. I thought it was saying that there is no "one". No one soul mate so to speak. That you have more than one great and very true love in your life. And also that no one knows what the future holds and it is possible to find happiness again after tragedy. He did love the mother and never would have left her for Robin if she hadn't died. But he also loved Robin. He still loved Robin the whole time he was with the mother, and he will still love the mother the whole time he is with Robin.

Some people can't get their minds around that.

Can't believe I am agreeing with Darla but she is 100% correct. My Missus is in the betrayed group. She thinks they spent the season trying to convince people Robin and Barnie were for real. I think she is looking at it from the lens she wants and those that are complaining are upset that it didn't end the way they wanted it.

Bottom line is that the writers had a vision for the show from the beginning. They always knew how this was going to end. The proof is that if you look through the entire series the kids NEVER aged. That always surprised me as we watched it. Then I learned that they filmed the entire series of clips of the kids sitting there. So they actually filmed the season finale with the kids 8 years ago.

Bottom line is it was a story about real life. I think it was brilliant and tie was a hilarious show.

Those who feel betrayed can't get past not having their reality validated.

Darla still sucks but she is right on this

Back