HIMYM Finale

i hear lost kinda sucks. i never watched that show either tho.

I finally got it on demand recently and watched about 1.5 seasons so far. I know a lot of people were pissed, but they were pretty much unhappy long before it ended. The writers were so schitzo it shouldn't really count as a failure, since everyone pretty much knew what they were getting.

I finally got it on demand recently and watched about 1.5 seasons so far. I know a lot of people were pissed, but they were pretty much unhappy long before it ended. The writers were so schitzo it shouldn't really count as a failure, since everyone pretty much knew what they were getting.

Nobody can credibly say they saw this coming until about three or four episodes ago.

Can't believe I am agreeing with Darla but she is 100% correct. My Missus is in the betrayed group. She thinks they spent the season trying to convince people Robin and Barnie were for real. I think she is looking at it from the lens she wants and those that are complaining are upset that it didn't end the way they wanted it.

Bottom line is that the writers had a vision for the show from the beginning. They always knew how this was going to end. The proof is that if you look through the entire series the kids NEVER aged. That always surprised me as we watched it. Then I learned that they filmed the entire series of clips of the kids sitting there. So they actually filmed the season finale with the kids 8 years ago.

Bottom line is it was a story about real life. I think it was brilliant and tie was a hilarious show.

Those who feel betrayed can't get past not having their reality validated.

Darla still sucks but she is right on this

I'm one of the people disappointed that Barney and Robin didn't work out and found it totally unbelievable that Barney had a baby and a miraculous transformation.

I'm one of the people disappointed that Barney and Robin didn't work out and found it totally unbelievable that Barney had a baby and a miraculous transformation.

I thought it was obvious for a while now that Barney and Robin weren't going to work long-term. I actually thought his transformation when he held his daughter wasn't something instant. He had grown over the years, and reverted back to his old behavior as his way of handling his grief over the end of his marriage to Robin. But that growth was still there. I'm not really sure Ted and Robin work, but considering that they're now 50 something and all of their priorities and goals have changed, I can buy it. The least believable part, IMO, was that Robin, a gorgeous world-famous news anchor, was that miserable for ten years. But I guess we only saw glimpses of her over that time, and always when she was in a very nostalgic mood because she was seeing her old friends/husband/lovers. Also, Lily seemed sad and very unable to let go of her youth, and I don't know what happened to the career that meant so much to her.

I thought it was obvious for a while now that Barney and Robin weren't going to work long-term. I actually thought his transformation when he held his daughter wasn't something instant. He had grown over the years, and reverted back to his old behavior as his way of handling his grief over the end of his marriage to Robin. But that growth was still there. I'm not really sure Ted and Robin work, but considering that they're now 50 something and all of their priorities and goals have changed, I can buy it. The least believable part, IMO, was that Robin, a gorgeous world-famous news anchor, was that miserable for ten years. But I guess we only saw glimpses of her over that time, and always when she was in a very nostalgic mood because she was seeing her old friends/husband/lovers. Also, Lily seemed sad and very unable to let go of her youth, and I don't know what happened to the career that meant so much to her.

The only thing that is not plausible to me is Robins career. Does she now give it up to be with Ted and his kids? She obviously wouldn't give it up for Barney. Or at this point had she stopped traveling the world?

Personally I think it was a brilliant series. I avoid all of the heavy series like Breaking Bad. I don't need it.

I am old school with Seinfeld, Cheers and friends. Also a big fan of Everybody Loves Raymond.

The only thing that is not plausible to me is Robins career. Does she now give it up to be with Ted and his kids? She obviously wouldn't give it up for Barney. Or at this point had she stopped traveling the world?

Personally I think it was a brilliant series. I avoid all of the heavy series like Breaking Bad. I don't need it.

I am old school with Seinfeld, Cheers and friends. Also a big fan of Everybody Loves Raymond.

I think it's a matter of timing, just like so much in life. Since she became so famous it's reasonable to think that by now she is anchoring her own show, and could easily be based in NY. In her 30's it was about working hard to get there. But now she's there.

Exactly.

You can't really say the FINALE sucked...it was more of a gradual overall downgrade in quality from season 3 on forward.

Its obvious the writers didn't really know where they were going and it becomes more apparent with each progressive season.

Raymond is awesome. I don't think there was a single episode that didn't crack me up.

Lol. Thinking of Raymond, now I have the song Jungle Love stuck in my head.

My most favorite line ever was when Frank and Marie were returning the toaster and Marie says "I'm not just some trophy wife" and Frank replies "trophy wife? What contest in hell did I win"

Another favorite is when Debra says "want to know what I think?" And Ray says "if I guess do you still have to tell me?"

You like Friends?

Back