APP - Homosexuality Now, Pedophilia Next

No, I just expect the government to set standards...

not at all....you want the government to stay out of private employer's policies, that is a standard....yet you want the government to intrude into private people's lives by dictating that they cannot marry someone of the same gender....

it is further not standards at all because the act of homosexuality is not illegal....

you are hypocritical when it comes to government roles in our lives....

I don't see your point, because I do want to protect the tradition, along with the institution, and children. *shrug*
Why do you suddenly not want to protect the traditions that were around for centuries before the far more recent history of government intrusion?

And child abuse laws are a different subject to argue. The only way a child could become the victim of marriage is if they were forced into one. Now, they may be abused by a married couple, either mentally or physically, but that is a different thing altogether. It isn't and wasn't the marriage that abused them, it was people.

BTW - "Cause and Effect"...

The laws directly stated that people of different races couldn't marry without a state license and then regulated which kinds would be allowed. It isn't that fricking hard.

If he couldn't get it hard then he shouldn't be marrying her...

j/k

So some States bastardized the institution. That then allows them to continue to do so?

I honestly don't see your point.

not at all....you want the government to stay out of private employer's policies, that is a standard....yet you want the government to intrude into private people's lives by dictating that they cannot marry someone of the same gender....

it is further not standards at all because the act of homosexuality is not illegal....

you are hypocritical when it comes to government roles in our lives....

You're stretching, Yurt. I don't want the Feds to do either. States, however, should regulate marriage as they do other agreements between parties, and grant licenses to only those qualified. Queers ain't.

If he couldn't get it hard then he shouldn't be marrying her...

j/k

So some States bastardized the institution. That then allows them to continue to do so?

I honestly don't see your point.
All states regulating this religious institution are violating the constitution. That it is done with your happy support doesn't change that it is the wrong thing to do.

Secondary point: Traditionally it was the churches that regulated this institution, and it should remain so.

Why do you suddenly not want to protect the traditions that were around for centuries before the far more recent history of government intrusion?

And child abuse laws are a different subject to argue. The only way a child could become the victim of marriage is if they were forced into one. Now, they may be abused by a married couple, either mentally or physically, but that is a different thing altogether. It isn't and wasn't the marriage that abused them, it was people.

Back centuries ago no sane person would suggest that two queers get married.

Back centuries ago no sane person would suggest that two queers get married.
And this matters how? The government's role in marriage is spurious and solely made to protect the religious tradition of the majority. The government should never have the role of choosing your religious dogma over that of another, and traditionally they didn't. This is solely a new thing, done so that the majority could enforce their religious traditions onto others.

All states regulating this religious institution are violating the constitution. That it is done with your happy support doesn't change that it is the wrong thing to do.

Secondary point: Traditionally it was the churches that regulated this institution, and it should remain so.

States aren't governed by the Constitution in these matters, and are free to regulate what they desire: Amendment X. You're trying to make this a civil rights issue and it ain't.

Traditionally, churches were't liberal, and folks weren't as mobile in society.

States aren't governed by the Constitution in these matters, and are free to regulate what they desire: Amendment X. You're trying to make this a civil rights issue and it ain't.

Traditionally, churches were't liberal, and folks weren't as mobile in society.
Except they are, because of the incorporation inherent in the 14th Amendment. Actually, all governments down to the smallest local government, are all bound by the 1st Amendment, it's been ruled that way consistently by the SCOTUS.

And again, that doesn't matter even one iota. It is not the government's purview to involve themselves in the regulation of religious ceremonies and traditions. It isn't their place to support your dogma over any other, in fact it is directly against the Constitution to do so.

I swore to uphold that document, and to protect it. I believe in it.

You're stretching, Yurt. I don't want the Feds to do either. States, however, should regulate marriage as they do other agreements between parties, and grant licenses to only those qualified. Queers ain't.

due to religious beliefs....

homosexuality is legal....thus, you should not deny two homosexuals the right to marry, you are intruding on their private life....their fundamental rights...yet you want the government to stay out of private employer's lives....

:rolleyes:

SM, I don't suppose you had any intention of commenting on the other 10 items on the list of benefits that gays could not gain by other means?

And as for the gov't not interfering in private business, you would be fine with removing the FMLA from the books?

Except they are, because of the incorporation inherent in the 14th Amendment. Actually, all governments down to the smallest local government, are all bound by the 1st Amendment, it's been ruled that way consistently by the SCOTUS.

And again, that doesn't matter even one iota. It is not the government's purview to involve themselves in the regulation of religious ceremonies and traditions. It isn't their place to support your dogma over any other, in fact it is directly against the Constitution to do so.

I swore to uphold that document, and to protect it. I believe in it.
Except, of course, that the 14th Amendment doesn't require the States to issue licenses to unqualified individuals.

due to religious beliefs....

homosexuality is legal....thus, you should not deny two homosexuals the right to marry, you are intruding on their private life....their fundamental rights...yet you want the government to stay out of private employer's lives....

:rolleyes:
Folks are required to be religious to be married, just heterosexual. *shrug*

SM, I don't suppose you had any intention of commenting on the other 10 items on the list of benefits that gays could not gain by other means?

Since the very first item in your list was so easy to debunk, I didn't think it necessary to embarrass you further...

Since the very first item in your list was so easy to debunk, I didn't think it necessary to embarrass you further...

Oh please spare us the lies. You would relish the opportunity to embarrass me.

But I am not embarrassed, and you did not debunk anything at all. You stated "The government shouldn't control private employer's policies". Since the gov't does provide those benefits thru the FMLA, I asked if you agreed that it should be removed from the books.

You didn't answer and left 10 more unanswered.

Except, of course, that the 14th Amendment doesn't require the States to issue licenses to unqualified individuals.

the racists used the same argument

:clink:

and just as CA supreme court did, SCOTUS will strike down laws banning homosexuals from marrying....even state constitutions

Last edited:
the racists used the same argument

:clink:

and just as CA supreme court did, SCOTUS will strike down laws banning homosexuals from marrying....even state constitutions
You tried both these arguments before. SCOTUS made mistakes before, racist ones.

Back