House GOP Majority Leader apologizes for Iraq War

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
kudos to former GOP majority leader Dick Armey:

-Question: You voted for the resolution to go to war.

-DICK ARMEY: I did, and I'm not happy about it. The resolution was a resolution that authorized the president to take that action if he deemed it necessary. Had I been more true to myself and the principles I believed in at the time, I would have openly opposed the whole adventure vocally and aggressively. I had a tough time reconciling doing that against the duties of majority leader in the House. I would have served myself and my party and my country better, though, had I done so.

http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/16622722.htm

That's hard core flip flopping.

He knew it was wrong and despite that fact, he still gave chimp the nomination.

I have to tell you, I'm not impressed with everyone coming out of the closet now. Suddenly when its cool to oppose the war, everyone either knew it was wrong or have finally seen the light 4 years later.

That's hard core flip flopping.

He knew it was wrong and despite that fact, he still gave chimp the nomination.

I have to tell you, I'm not impressed with everyone coming out of the closet now. Suddenly when its cool to oppose the war, everyone either knew it was wrong or have finally seen the light 4 years later.

Obama was against this war before it started. That's one reason I'm kinda leaning towards supporting him.

I was ALWAYS against this war and so far I have been 99.99% correct on how it turned out.

Check out this quote from Obama, way back in OCTOBER of 2002....he was right on the money, about EVERYTHING:

BARACK OBAMA: I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors...and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.

I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.

Check out this quote from Obama, way back in OCTOBER of 2002....he was right on the money, about EVERYTHING:

BARACK OBAMA: I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors...and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history.

I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaeda.

I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.

Nice.

He's got one up on Hillary for me. My only real concern with him at this point, is his support for universal healthcare. I don't think it would ever happen, so I'm willing to let it slide this election.

I figure universal healthcare to be inevitable. It is just a matter of time.

No. Its not inevitable. Nor is it necessarily the solution to our healthcare problems.
The federal gov't does a piss poor job at handling just about everything. I sure as heck don't want them responsible for my medical stuff.

Just wait and see LadyT. I am not saying I want it either, just that I believe it to be inevitable.

According to the stuff I have read, 60 some percent of the people want universal health care.

Just wait and see LadyT. I am not saying I want it either, just that I believe it to be inevitable.

According to the stuff I have read, 60 some percent of the people want universal health care.

i think there are enough people that are adamently opposed to it here so that such a thing wouldn't happen. I'm all for a universal insurance plan so that there is much less of a disparity between patient prices and negotiated rates. But a health care system that was run by the federal gov't is a massive and undertaking.

No. Its not inevitable. Nor is it necessarily the solution to our healthcare problems.
The federal gov't does a piss poor job at handling just about everything. I sure as heck don't want them responsible for my medical stuff.

when did you give up being a liberal?

Of course, Areney is gutless, most of them are. why do you think the first thing they did after 911 was to make all their own personal info off limits ?
90% of congress are wussies.

Back