House panel OKs anti-bullying bill

uscitizen

Villified User
Some fear it could lead to gay curriculum
By Jack Brammer
JBRAMMER@HERALD-LEADER.COM

FRANKFORT --
The House Education Committee unanimously approved a bill Tuesday that would require school districts to create a policy to deal with bullies, but its critics voiced concern that it could lead to the teaching of homosexuality in schools.

Senate President David Williams, R-Burkesville, said he has not yet read the bill that has been debated in recent legislative sessions, "but there's always been a concern over in the Senate concerning whether or not this bill would be an excuse for the addition of curriculum concerning aberrant behavior.

"There's always been concern about whether this particular bill would be used to teach curriculum that people aren't interested in like homosexual, same-sex marriage sort of things like that.

http://www.kentucky.com/454/story/287753.html

HUH ? Anti bully leads to gayness ?

Some fear it could lead to gay curriculum
By Jack Brammer
JBRAMMER@HERALD-LEADER.COM

FRANKFORT --
The House Education Committee unanimously approved a bill Tuesday that would require school districts to create a policy to deal with bullies, but its critics voiced concern that it could lead to the teaching of homosexuality in schools.

Senate President David Williams, R-Burkesville, said he has not yet read the bill that has been debated in recent legislative sessions, "but there's always been a concern over in the Senate concerning whether or not this bill would be an excuse for the addition of curriculum concerning aberrant behavior.

"There's always been concern about whether this particular bill would be used to teach curriculum that people aren't interested in like homosexual, same-sex marriage sort of things like that.

http://www.kentucky.com/454/story/287753.html

HUH ? Anti bully leads to gayness ?

The end of our republic!

It has always amazed me dhow people think that teaching kids about gay people will turn them gay.

It makes me wonder if the people who dont want it taught have gay tendencies.

It has always amazed me dhow people think that teaching kids about gay people will turn them gay.

It makes me wonder if the people who dont want it taught have gay tendencies.

Yeah, that is clearly the issue here...not the government control.

Do we really have to legislate things that schools should be handling on their own?

What's the real difference, Gonzo, if ever school in the nation adopts anti-bullying measures voluntarily, and if every school in the nation adopts anti-bullying measures when told to do so by superiors?

They are public schools. The government can tell them what to do. Use common sense.

What's the difference, Gonzo, if ever school in the nation adopts anti-bullying measures, and if every school in the nation adopts anti-bullying measures?

They are public schools. The government can tell them what to do. Use common sense.

The difference is that it doesn't allow for incident by incident review, and assumes that every school system/district is the same.

The difference is that the national government has no idea what happens at the local level.

Also, legislating the definition of bullying is a dangerous thing, in my opinion. This could lead to even more ridiculous situations (such as 1st graders being expelled for indecent exposure-- true, unrelated incident, but still ridiculous).

The difference is that it doesn't allow for incident by incident review, and assumes that every school system/district is the same.

The difference is that the national government has no idea what happens at the local level.

Yes they do.

If a school doesn't have a problem with bullying then the anti-bullying measures will have no effect. Therefore, no difference.

why are republicans so full of fear ?

I see it sometimes in Democrats too, but Republicans are truly the party of fear. There's just nothing else to their philosophy. Fearmongering about drugs, the death penalty, the remote chance of terrorism, welfare for poor people... I mean, generally, they tend to throw a few hysterical issues way out of proportion.

Because they're fearmongers, dumbass. They clearly have no fear of government, they love it far more than anyone else.
I disagree. The words that Republicans least like to hear as a whole would be, "I'm from the Government and I'm here to help..."

The Republicans are the party of 2 or 3 hysterical issues.
LOL. Seriously. Both parties do it with different issues, and sometimes the same issues (Abortion, Flag Burning, Gay Marriage come to mind).

Every time somebody says the Rs do this, I picture Patsy Schroeder pounding that podium and yelling, "They are coming for our Children!" and "They want old people to eat dog food!"

Neither were true, both were fear mongering, and Patsy was no R.

Back