How do I remove sawdust?

anatta

100% recycled karma
I got a tree cut down right in a square next to my Florida ( screened in) porch and the back of the house.
It left a ton of sawdust. This was more then a week ago. I went out this morning and tried to blow it with a WORX leafblower -nothing .
Then I tried to rake it, but it's caked into the ground between the paver stones, and raking barely moves it. It's got some ground vines i gotta get it out of those too,since i'm doing this.

I got a large area to rake - maybe 25 by 40 and it's wearing me out, not to mention hurting my bad knee.
I have to go over and over it,and then it still doesn't want to blow. kina stuck in the dirt.
If i can blow it out of that area into the grass ..OK good enough, But it's getting tracked into my Florida porch.

would a pressure washer do it? or would the sawdust simply soak up that water, and make it more difficult to remove?
Or do I just gotta keep doing this -it's going to take hours and hours and it's agonizingly slow with not much results.

I think wetting it will make it swell/rougher texture, heavier=harder..

Go ahead & swallow your pride, head over to home depot & hire one of the men hanging out in the parking lot.. Bring cash..:D lol

I think wetting it will make it swell/rougher texture, heavier=harder..

Go ahead & swallow your pride, head over to home depot & hire one of the men hanging out in the parking lot.. Bring cash..:D lol
Hire an illegal! NEVER! ( well.. OK) :rolleyes:
++
This whole fiasco is costing me a fortune,and when the damn tree fell, they messed it up, and it damaged my Florida porch roof.

It's aluminum framed ( i think) , but it's got a tar roof,and a metal facia - the roof has a gouche (like a gully)
and the facia is separating from the metal roof. It has to be cut out and replaced,and I think a new skylight has to be installed too

The guys who did it paid me some money not to go against their bond -but they didn't show up yesterday to payoff some more - and I got a repair guy to start the work on Monday.

It's turning into a Money Pit.

Small claims court??

If they are concerned about the bond & their rep they will find the money...

Bad rep on social media/yelp/BBB/Angie's list etc can ruin them..........

Small claims court??

If they are concerned about the bond & their rep they will find the money...

Bad rep on social media/yelp/BBB/Angie's list etc can ruin them..........
ya. but it thin k they are trading under an assumed ( pirated name). I looked them up afterwards and they have the same name as another tree removal service, but not in the city they are located.
I left a message to the gy who runs it -the same guy who showed up last week with part of the money to pay fo the estimated repairs.

So I got the money and the sawdust to deal with

I got a tree cut down right in a square next to my Florida ( screened in) porch and the back of the house.
It left a ton of sawdust. This was more then a week ago. I went out this morning and tried to blow it with a WORX leafblower -nothing .
Then I tried to rake it, but it's caked into the ground between the paver stones, and raking barely moves it. It's got some ground vines i gotta get it out of those too,since i'm doing this.

I got a large area to rake - maybe 25 by 40 and it's wearing me out, not to mention hurting my bad knee.
I have to go over and over it,and then it still doesn't want to blow. kina stuck in the dirt.
If i can blow it out of that area into the grass ..OK good enough, But it's getting tracked into my Florida porch.

would a pressure washer do it? or would the sawdust simply soak up that water, and make it more difficult to remove?
Or do I just gotta keep doing this -it's going to take hours and hours and it's agonizingly slow with not much results.
Let it dry out, rake the area affected, if it won't rake water lightly than let dry, then rake, remove as much as you can with a shop vac then go over it with your lawn mower at its lowest setting then reseed.

Last edited:
Let it dry out, take the area affected, then go over it with your lawn mower at its lowest setting then reseed.
I don't have a lawnmower. the HOA dues I pay cover mowing.
I do not want to re-seed. I don't want grass there - and it's got all these big tree roots now so a lawn mower won't work.
If I can just get the sawdust out, i'll let it go wild -florida flowers and vines will fill it in.

I do not want to re-seed. I don't want grass there - and it's got all these big tree roots now so a lawn mower won't work.
If I can just get the sawdust out, i'll let it go wild -florida flowers and vines will fill it in.
then let it dry, rake and remove as much as you can with a shop vac. If it won't rake, water lightly, let dry then rake and vac.

Well if you're just going to let it go wild, why not just leave it there?? It is great compost & in the hot, muggy, rainy, sweltering FLA 1/2 of winter, all spring, all summer & most of fall it should break down pretty quickly.:D It would be great for the soil & the critters living in it..

I hear yea on these so-called contractors......... I am having some estimates on my back fence & the guy is already an hour & a half late.. Another guy has no license & wants me to give him $500 up front.. No business location, don't even know him etc etc etc.... He must be nuts.......

Shop vac.

whole%20vac.0.jpg

How do I remove sawdust?

Take one to the temple......tee hee hee

You sure think the answer to your rage about losing is shooting people, like you did with President Trump. Thanks for the newest one. It establishes a pattern that YOU are a danger to society.

Off it goes.

Yard vacuum....hand carried with a self contained storage dump bag, reasonably priced....also some models have a built in shredder to take care of any large pieces. A good investment that will pay for itself every year if you live an area with fall leafs..etc. Just make yourself a little compost area that will be good to use in planting various things.

that was actually pretty funny TTQ64.

I weeded the sprinklers -they pop up from underground to irrigate the LAWN -which is completely bogus in Florida.
The lawn is what northerners call crabgrass (St. Augustine) and it grows with runners like bamboo,and keeps the sprinklers from poping up.

I'd rather just do native grasses, but the HOA says that's a no-no.

Then I cut back some palm fronds, that inevitably stick my arms, and bagged the whole mess for pick up tomorrow.
Enough of the great outdoors. I'll try a shop vac tomorrow if we don't get rains.. *ugh*

I wonder if this attracts termites. That's another perennial problem I have. Swarmers -not termite workers
I got a termite bond of course...

I suggest you douse the entire area with a couple of gallons of kerosene, stand back and toss a match...
I guarantee the sawdust will be gone and your worries will be over...

one five gallon bucket full per day with rake, broom and blower until gone ? when you get old and knees hurt, spread the work out. that is how I handle large jobs. you can plant a 10 row garden by hand if you dig one row or a half a row per day until done. what took a half a day ten years ago now takes me two full days or four half days.

I suggest you douse the entire area with a couple of gallons of kerosene, stand back and toss a match...
I guarantee the sawdust will be gone and your worries will be over...
The worries will just begin if you have close nosy neighbors that get their rocks off dropping a dime on someone in the name of Mother Earth. You might as well send out smoke signals to the authorities and say, "I am here...just follow the large plum of black smoke and fine the hell out of me."

Then the EPA shows up and next the Po Po. The powers that be frown upon kerosene use in any residential area for obvious reasons other than use as directed...not to mention an open non permitted fire. Come on...in Fla.? I once had the local DNR swarm upon me for cooking out with and open pit fire....no fine but some threats. And I was just visiting my In Laws...who also cast some curious looks and condescending smirks in my direction.

Last edited:
The worries will just begin if you have close nosy neighbors that get their rocks off dropping a dime on someone in the name of Mother Earth.
Then the EPA shows up and next the Po Po. The powers that be frown upon kerosene use in any residential area for obvious reasons other than use as directed...not to mention an open non permitted fire. Come on...in Fla.? I once had the local DNR swarm upon me for cooking out with and open pit fire....no fine but some threats. And I was just visiting my In Laws...who also cast some curious looks and condescending smirks in my direction.

The stupid fuck Ralphie boy thought I was serious?
...really?...
LMFAO

Back