How do I remove sawdust?

The stupid fuck Ralphie boy thought I was serious?
...really?...
LMFAO

Consider the source. Yes. Sounds like experience speaking from someone that grew up with a car upon blocks in the front yard and a couple of busted Frigs on the front porch used to pack beer with ice, with about 6 half naked kids running around in the neighborhood....while you wait on your food stamp credits. You don't support liberalism for no reason. :)

Last edited:
Sawdust will break down within a year or so, depending on the species.

And....it makes good compost soil when mixed with leaves and a few other things like rotting veggies...etc., Just make sure you make the compost pit some place a little out of the way....if you have pets they love rolling in it after it brakes down a little, then they want you to bring them in the house and do anything except bath that new wonderful smell from their fur.

I got a tree cut down right in a square next to my Florida ( screened in) porch and the back of the house.
It left a ton of sawdust. This was more then a week ago. I went out this morning and tried to blow it with a WORX leafblower -nothing .
Then I tried to rake it, but it's caked into the ground between the paver stones, and raking barely moves it. It's got some ground vines i gotta get it out of those too,since i'm doing this.

I got a large area to rake - maybe 25 by 40 and it's wearing me out, not to mention hurting my bad knee.
I have to go over and over it,and then it still doesn't want to blow. kina stuck in the dirt.
If i can blow it out of that area into the grass ..OK good enough, But it's getting tracked into my Florida porch.

would a pressure washer do it? or would the sawdust simply soak up that water, and make it more difficult to remove?
Or do I just gotta keep doing this -it's going to take hours and hours and it's agonizingly slow with not much results.

Dry / wet vac.

Consider the source. Yes. Sounds like experience speaking from someone that grew up with a car upon blocks in the front yard and a couple of busted Frigs on the front porch used to pack beer with ice, with about 6 half naked kids running around in the neighborhood....while you wait on your food stamp credits. You don't support liberalism for no reason. :)

I don't really care what it was like for you growing up, but I just told a guy to set his property on fire with kerosene and you took me seriously...
raw

Poor Ralphie-boy

Hire an illegal! NEVER! ( well.. OK) :rolleyes:
++
This whole fiasco is costing me a fortune,and when the damn tree fell, they messed it up, and it damaged my Florida porch roof.

It's aluminum framed ( i think) , but it's got a tar roof,and a metal facia - the roof has a gouche (like a gully)
and the facia is separating from the metal roof. It has to be cut out and replaced,and I think a new skylight has to be installed too

The guys who did it paid me some money not to go against their bond -but they didn't show up yesterday to payoff some more - and I got a repair guy to start the work on Monday.

It's turning into a Money Pit.

Ignore the sawdust.
It will decompose rapidly.
You are wasting your time.

The worries will just begin if you have close nosy neighbors that get their rocks off dropping a dime on someone in the name of Mother Earth. You might as well send out smoke signals to the authorities and say, "I am here...just follow the large plum of black smoke and fine the hell out of me."

Then the EPA shows up and next the Po Po. The powers that be frown upon kerosene use in any residential area for obvious reasons other than use as directed...not to mention an open non permitted fire. Come on...in Fla.? I once had the local DNR swarm upon me for cooking out with and open pit fire....no fine but some threats. And I was just visiting my In Laws...who also cast some curious looks and condescending smirks in my direction.

:facepalm:

that was actually pretty funny TTQ64.

I weeded the sprinklers -they pop up from underground to irrigate the LAWN -which is completely bogus in Florida.
The lawn is what northerners call crabgrass (St. Augustine) and it grows with runners like bamboo,and keeps the sprinklers from poping up.

I'd rather just do native grasses, but the HOA says that's a no-no.

Then I cut back some palm fronds, that inevitably stick my arms, and bagged the whole mess for pick up tomorrow.
Enough of the great outdoors. I'll try a shop vac tomorrow if we don't get rains.. *ugh*

Ur a slave to the association rules.......:( Tell them to stick those rules up there crabgrass & just go native~let the weeds(local) rein free.:)

I wonder if this attracts termites. That's another perennial problem I have. Swarmers -not termite workers
I got a termite bond of course...
I never thought of that but I would not think so as they need protection... Ants & others love to feast on them & lose material does not afford any protection..

And....it makes good compost soil when mixed with leaves and a few other things like rotting veggies...etc., Just make sure you make the compost pit some place a little out of the way....if you have pets they love rolling in it after it brakes down a little, then they want you to bring them in the house and do anything except bath that new wonderful smell from their fur.

I think if some of the weed police on the association see him putting out unsightly veggie snacks for the rodents he will be deported to Miami in a heart beat..lol

I think if some of the weed police on the association see him putting out unsightly veggie snacks for the rodents he will be deported to Miami in a heart beat..lol

Ralphie-boy must like the smell of garbage and the company the local rodents provide...
LOL

I wonder if this attracts termites. That's another perennial problem I have. Swarmers -not termite workers
I got a termite bond of course...

You don't have to worry about swarmers. They don't do damage

Let Mother Nature take care of the saw dust. It will break down on its own

I cut wood all the time. The saw dust jus goes away eventually.

No easy fox for the sawdust. Start with a shovel then rake.
Depending on the tree could be damaging for grass. Check with your plant guy to see if you need lime.
Next time stipulate it be removed.

No easy fox for the sawdust. Start with a shovel then rake.
Depending on the tree could be damaging for grass. Check with your plant guy to see if you need lime.
Next time stipulate it be removed.
thanks for the advice. i'm trying to get the tree guy to comeback

Back