How do you know it is spring in Colorado? You get...

I bet. Are these wild cacti or ones grow as ornamentals?
SoCal is a desert that ends at the pacific ocean. Cacti are native to the entire southwest, almost everyone has them in their yard. It's like a vegetable that bears fruit.

main-qimg-afcf18627d945e169de63710277a622f

9391.png

SoCal is a desert that ends at the pacific ocean. Cacti are native to the entire southwest, almost everyone has them in their yard. It's like a vegetable that bears fruit.

main-qimg-afcf18627d945e169de63710277a622f

9391.png

I've seen pics of the xerogardens with cacti and other desert-y plants. They're really beautiful, some of them. How did you end up there from the east coast?

I've seen pics of the xerogardens with cacti and other desert-y plants. They're really beautiful, some of them. How did you end up there from the east coast?
I used to travel a lot for work and fell in love in San Diego so I made it my home. I wear shorts and sandals year-round and never lose my tan.

I used to travel a lot for work and fell in love in San Diego so I made it my home. I wear shorts and sandals year-round and never lose my tan.

That's hard to imagine. Is the cost of living there pretty high, like it is in the SF area?

Tornado warnings....

For those that don't know, a warning is when one is on the ground, a watch is when conditions are right to make one...

Yeah, I'll take my FL tornados over anything west or north of here.

We get 'em, but they're not that big. :eek:

That's hard to imagine. Is the cost of living there pretty high, like it is in the SF area?

Yes, and there's State Income tax to pay.

San Diego probably has the best weather and land in the US, but it's in Commiefornia.

Beaches? No. Lakes and streams and rivers, yes!
West coast beaches are ass. I went to one and all it did was make me homesick.

Yes, and there's State Income tax to pay.

San Diego probably has the best weather and land in the US, but it's in Commiefornia.

Beaches? No. Lakes and streams and rivers, yes!

Then we have the best of all worlds here because we have beaches, lakes (including one of the world's largest), rivers, springs, creeks, waterfalls, and even ancient weathered mountains. And all four seasons, too, although the warm one is easy to miss if you blink too much. lol

Then we have the best of all worlds here because we have beaches, lakes (including one of the world's largest), rivers, springs, creeks, waterfalls, and even ancient weathered mountains. And all four seasons, too, although the warm one is easy to miss if you blink too much. lol

Where are your beaches?

Where I'm from, we have everything except mountains and waterfalls. :D

And it's hot a LOT.

We have more of a variety of fish here than just about anywhere.

If you're talking about lake beaches..that's..different.

It's gonna be about 94 today with 80% + humidity.

Cactus fruit is free but you need to learn how to clean them.

Oh! There's a spot around here I used to get cactus fruit..right near the beach..and it's like pomegranate.

This cactus fruit had no thorns and was very sweet, but stainy.

Same place we used to go catch Orange Mango snakes.

They are the color of Mango flesh and very docile..once you catch one, they'll hang out with you for a while. You could make one a pet.

Where are your beaches?

Where I'm from, we have everything except mountains and waterfalls. :D

And it's hot a LOT.

We have more of a variety of fish here than just about anywhere.

If you're talking about lake beaches..that's..different.

It's gonna be about 94 today with 80% + humidity.

I hate hot weather. That's why we moved here. One of the beaches in town:

7Ct4EwK.jpg

What's hard to imagine? I'm a lover who likes warm dry weather.

Not many places can compare to the high cost of living in San Francisco because it's been overrun by hipsters from Silicon Valley who pay 2 or 3 times the list price.

What's hard to imagine? I'm a lover who likes warm dry weather.

Not many places can compare to the high cost of living in San Francisco because it's been overrun by hipster from Silicon Valley who pay 2 or 3 times the list price.

By hard to imagine I meant a place w/o changing seasons.

SF's had a problem with high cost of living for a long time. Had a cyber friend who, 20+ years ago, was a public school teacher in the SF public school district. But she didn't live in the city because she couldn't afford to. She commuted over an hour each way. It must be even worse now.

Oh! There's a spot around here I used to get cactus fruit..right near the beach..and it's like pomegranate.

This cactus fruit had no thorns and was very sweet, but stainy.

Same place we used to go catch Orange Mango snakes.

They are the color of Mango flesh and very docile..once you catch one, they'll hang out with you for a while. You could make one a pet.
I enjoyed the Bahamas and Caribbean but no longer worry about getting stranded on a sandbar.

By hard to imagine I meant a place w/o changing seasons.

SF's had a problem with high cost of living for a long time. Had a cyber friend who, 20+ years ago, was a public school teacher in the SF public school district. But she didn't live in the city because she couldn't afford to. She commuted over an hour each way. It must be even worse now.
I thought it was hard for you to imagine a woman could put up with me.

Back