How good is your knowledge of Africa?

I was actually only about 40 miles off until they started making me place fucking island countries around the 45th question. The first one, I literally got off by thousands of miles, because it was on the other side of the map, and that negged me all the way up to the hundreds of miles.

eleven, though five of them were the islands.....got lucky on Lesotho, got it right even though I had to place it before South Africa.....

I don't know why, but when I was a kid, Lesotho was one country I always kind of noticed on maps just because it's so bizarre, pretty much the only total enclave country in the world. So Lesotho was actually easy for me.

Swaziland is an enclave as it is entirely surrounded by South Africa. Monaco is also an enclave as it is entirely surrounded by French territory including the Mediterranean!!

No, Swaziland shares a border with South Africa and Mozambique. Monaco is not an enclave because a country that has access to the sea is not considered an enclave. Otherwise, Gambia and Portugal would be enclaves as well. Anyway, again, not visible on most maps.

No, Swaziland shares a border with South Africa and Mozambique. Monaco is not an enclave because a country that has access to the sea is not considered an enclave. Otherwise, Gambia and Portugal would be enclaves as well. Anyway, again, not visible on most maps.

I didn't realise Swaziland had a border with Mozambique, so I learnt something there. I considered Monaco to be an enclave because the sea off the Monacon coast is actually French territory.

Last edited:
Back