How many of you, would not want people you know IRL to see what you've posted here?

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Serial question.

I don't think I would want people to see the stuff I've said on here. Part of it, is they wouldn't understand my nuance, my tongue in cheekness, and it would be annoying having to explain stuff.

And there are some things I actually believe that I wouldn't want people to know. Most of my friends are pretty liberal. Thankfully they are only nominally interested in politics. I almost never talk politics in depth with people, and most people don't really know where I stand on issues. I usually just give vague, non-committal answers. Or I'll analyze politics from an objective standpoint, like election stuff, where I can just go off of polls, say what each candidate needs to do, where they are doing bad, etc. That's why elections are so awesome. This is one of the most objective times a year for political analysis.

Also I am in fact, very cynical, so in real life it's also possible for me to do a good job at criticizing who I wish, without seeming too entrenched in any particular belief.

Serial question.

I don't think I would want people to see the stuff I've said on here. Part of it, is they wouldn't understand my nuance, my tongue in cheekness, and it would be annoying having to explain stuff.

And there are some things I actually believe that I wouldn't want people to know. Most of my friends are pretty liberal. Thankfully they are only nominally interested in politics. I almost never talk politics in depth with people, and most people don't really know where I stand on issues. I usually just give vague, non-committal answers. Or I'll analyze politics from an objective standpoint, like election stuff, where I can just go off of polls, say what each candidate needs to do, where they are doing bad, etc. That's why elections are so awesome. This is one of the most objective times a year for political analysis.

Also I am in fact, very cynical, so in real life it's also possible for me to do a good job at criticizing who I wish, without seeming too entrenched in any particular belief.

What is the IRL?

Also in the past, I've had very strong viewpoints on something, that I would end up changing my mind on, over a number of years. Then when I see someone I haven't seen for a while they'll be like "oh, don't you believe in ____, and then I have to be like "nooooo, not anymore, blah blah blah." I don't like tying myself down to any particular label, and being boxed into a certain subset of beliefs. It ends up defining a person to much.

and I can't help but feel embarrassed when people argue passionately on politics in public, for either side. Is that weird? My reaction is basically "good job alienating half the people you surround yourself with O_o"

and I can't help but feel embarrassed when people argue passionately on politics in public, for either side. Is that weird? My reaction is basically "good job alienating half the people you surround yourself with O_o"
I'm rather polite in public when I discuss politics. Mainly because I feel that I can change them to my line of thinkin

Yeah, I've said some weird shit on this site and the previous ones which are out of character for me. I would probably only be comfortable with a few people seeing what I've written. My brother (who has posted on this site by the way) and a few friends.

Except for my wife seeing my 'conquests', I wouldn care.

Ahahahahah, she didn't know your reputation before she married you? I don't care about my husband's. What I did care about was that he was always a gentleman about them. I only knew about them because we lived in a small town. I was onsidered very lucky and others envied me for my being the one to finally end up with him. One girl at my goingawy party, when I moved to Alaska with him told me she hated me. Oh well, that's life.

I think my friends and family would recognize me here. My friend took me to lunch awhile back and told me that she worries about her husband and myself going to hell. I told her that if God is love, then neither one of us is going to hell. I think it is what she wanted to hear.

I do not want the general public in my area to see my religious based posts.
I live in an area where I would be persecuted by christians for my non belief in god.

the rest of it I do not give a rats ass whether they see it or not.

I like to hook up to a large monitor or projector while I post and let friends and colleagues join in the hilarity when JPP righties post.

Dixie and Blabo are especially popular.

Poor Blabo.

I like to hook up to a large monitor or projector while I post and let friends and colleagues join in the hilarity when JPP righties post.

Dixie and Blabo are especially popular.

Poor Blabo.

I also share posts from here with my family, they like the youngins.

I've found that message boards help me in my IRL discussions. Granted...there is a time and place for the big two....Religion/Politics. Knowing when to discuss them is key.

But, at least when I do discuss politics now, I'm rather well informed on the issues. Typically, the discussions begin when someone throws out the talking points d'jour....as Postmodernprofit does.

I simply correct them, and tell them where to do their research in case they want to educate themselves.

No arguments.

I've found that message boards help me in my IRL discussions. Granted...there is a time and place for the big two....Religion/Politics. Knowing when to discuss them is key.

But, at least when I do discuss politics now, I'm rather well informed on the issues. Typically, the discussions begin when someone throws out the talking points d'jour....as Postmodernprofit does.

I simply correct them, and tell them where to do their research in case they want to educate themselves.

No arguments

What fun is that?

I wonder how many JPP righties who boast and bluster here would talk that way face-to-face...

Not one, I'm thinking.

Back