How to celebrate the 4th of July

And Bijou... I would agree that most fireworks are boring. I do love the shows that are set to music. The amount of work that goes into that is awesome.

And Bijou... I would agree that most fireworks are boring. I do love the shows that are set to music. The amount of work that goes into that is awesome.

Yep, I've seen some great displays as well, and knew a few pyrotechnicians years ago - yes, a LOT of work and creativity behind these shows.

But enough already. :)

Well I can't say for sure. All's I know is that she is evil and that when we moved into our new Condo a few years back the cat population in the neighborhood dropped significantly at the same time as our grocery bill.

So....she's doing it on the sly...

I agree. She is worlds more evil than you.

I'm sorry, Grind. It wasn't personal. I've seen many fireworks shows, yes, they're pretty and sparkly. But I'm way over it, over the smell, over the befouling of the air, over the way it scares the living shit out of my pets, over the fire danger it presents (I live in Southern California, which is a tinderbox at this time of year).

So, sorry to have offended you, but yes, fireworks shows are lame for all the reasons listed above and I think watching 'All The President's Men' is a much more realistic way to celebrate what is actually good about this country. :)
You're sorry for offending Grind? What the hell is wrong with you Bijou? Offending Grind is half the point of being here!

You're sorry for offending Grind? What the hell is wrong with you Bijou? Offending Grind is half the point of being here!

I offend Grind with just about everything I post here. My boredom with fireworks was the last thing I thought anyone would find 'offensive'. :rofl2:

A-ha. Well, if Mrs. Mott is now a resident of the U.S., no doubt she's learned that bragging about eating cats is frowned upon here in the United States of Cat Slaves.
Resident and soon to be citizen. She's been studying her American History for the citizenship exam. So now she knows about as much about American History as 3D, which aint saying a hell of a lot but it should be enough for her to pass. :)

Resident and soon to be citizen. She's been studying her American History for the citizenship exam. So now she knows about as much about American History as 3D, which aint saying a hell of a lot but it should be enough for her to pass. :)

LOL!

Congratulations in advance - if that sample of test questions is any indicator, she'll have no problems passing.

Tell her that REAL Americans do not eat cats!!!

Back