How to make a MAC

How to make a Dell:

1) Buy a cheap Mac on eBay
2) Rip out the motherboard, the drives and the cards and sell them on eBay
3) Install the cheapest Taiwanese mo-bo you can find
4) Install the cheapest, slowest IDE HD you can find
5) Do not install a graphics card: use the crappy shared memory video on the motherboard
6) Install as many different cards from different manufacturers as you can. Throw away all documentation -- it's probably in Korean anyway.
7) Use as doorstop

1) Dell's a shitty company, but their hardware quality is on par with MAC
2) How would it work then?
3) MAC's motherboards are shit, and motherboards don't judge the speed of a system at all anyway
4) Pretty much all hard drives today are 7200 RPM. Maybe you can get an extra 1 or 2 percent more speed by spending 100 more dollars. However, I seriously doubt MAC uses good IDE hard drives anyway. It all goes into profit, baby.
5) MAC's come with graphics cards AS AN UPGRADE. Dell and every other computer maker on the planet does the same thing.
6) So waht?

You clearly know nothing about computers. If you want a REALLY high quality computer, you buy an alienware. Which STILL has a cheaper markup than MAC's, and far higher quality components.

My advice stands. Instead of buying a MAC, buy a dell, and send 1000 dollars to Steve Jobs. You'll be doing what productively amounts to the same thing.

I am sure you do!

My MacBook Pro has a second gig as a pretty sweet PC with XP.

But I definitely prefer my Mac.

Try another hamburger stand...ya were not even a sperm...when the internet/Micro integrated circuit movie was in the trials and tribulation phase..stick with the day job...'B' movie issues..entertain us though I love a good thriller or comedy!

No, I'm not a dinosaur, so I definitely wasn't around when the Internet was exclusively a governmental computer network.

But I was certainly a very, very early adopter of the web.

I remember when modems were counted in hundreds of bauds. I'm only a little bit younger than ":-)". So I couldn't be that far off on internet history.

No, I'm not a dinosaur, so I definitely wasn't around when the Internet was exclusively a governmental computer network.

I remember when modems were counted in hundreds of bauds. I'm only a little bit younger than ":-)". So I couldn't be that far off on internet history.

Adam, don't pay attention to BB. It's kind of rule around here.

Okee Dokee then...

Just remember I was in VN about the time of Al Gore..et al..I remember the wonderful Al Gore(and Lt Kerry too)..excluded from combat..via Daddy's request /help..he was a writer of BS in Nam(Army tiimes Sp/4 as he still continues today)...see... some of us 'oldies' were there and did that already...not everyone has 'Alzheimers'...but hey continue with the BS though! Sorry... my kids got the true story from the mouth of one who was there...have a nice run though....limited as it may be!...........:rolleyes:

Back then everything was BBs... :D

Nope................

Back then everything was BBs... :D

But hey I was not confined in a 'Yellow submarine'...anymore Damo 'Mr.Navy'.. as in 'In The Navy' comments like the song by you know who...lol...:pke:

Good Lord Damo...just go sleep with Hillary(aka darla)already...after all she was the Momma /Queen of the 'Village People'

Last edited:
Just remember I was in VN about the time of Al Gore..et al..I remember the wonderful Al Gore(and Lt Kerry too)..excluded from combat..via Daddy's request /help..he was a writer of BS in Nam(Army tiimes Sp/4 as he still continues today)...see... some of us 'oldies' were there and did that already...not everyone has 'Alzheimers'...but hey continue with the BS though! Sorry... my kids got the true story from the mouth of one who was there...have a nice run though....limited as it may be!...........:rolleyes:

The difference is, we're all talking about computers. And you were having a flashback.

...That's movie terminology, by the way.

Right.............!

The difference is, we're all talking about computers. And you were having a flashback.

...That's movie terminology, by the way.

I concede young'in..Al did claim the rights of inventing the internet..I suppose I was wrong..the internet is not PC savvy...whatever Adam!:rolleyes:

Dinner menu is a callin' back to the camera with ya 'Billy Jack'..wannabee!:rolleyes:

Back