How to Prevent Vehicle Theft in the USA

cancel2 2022

Canceled
funny-pics-picdump-banned-hollywood-108.jpg

I learned on a stick shift. I wonder if whomever created the pic ever has been to the US.

Manually shifted transmissions are certainly an endangered species. Back in 1980, more than 35 percent of all cars were sold with a stick. Because they cost less and boosted fuel mileage, manuals were more popular when gas prices went up or the economy went down, according to Mike Omotoso, powertrain analyst for J.D. Power and Associates.Then the SUV appeared, which often came automatic-only. By 2005 only 6 percent of all buyers bothered with a stick. Skyrocketing fuel prices and more choices in small cars brought a mild uptick to 7.7 percent last year, but the trend is clear.

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=656470

You really think I'm debating something here? I really wonder if the person who created the image has ever been here.

You really think I'm debating something here? I really wonder if the person who created the image has ever been here.

It came from bannedinhollywood.com, so there's a bit of a clue there. That MSN article also states that manual gearboxes comprise around 7% of total sales.

Last edited:
Are they more common elsewhere? I just don't like to have one more thing to think about while I'm driving, and I don't need the extra performance from a manual.

Are they more common elsewhere? I just don't like to have one more thing to think about while I'm driving, and I don't need the extra performance from a manual.

The vast majority of cars in the UK are manual gearboxes. There are two driving tests, one for manual and one for automatic, but most people take the manual test. If you take the automatic test then you are not allowed to drive manual cars.

It came from bannedinhollywood.com, so there's a bit of a clue there. That MSN article also states that manual gearboxes comprise around 7% of total sales.

And...? I can drive a stick just fine, but id rather gargle cement. Most people have experience with them, and therefore choose to drive an automatic. Its a pain in traffic and advances in automatic transmissions are regulating the stick shift to the grave yard.

And...? I can drive a stick just fine, but id rather gargle cement. Most people have experience with them, and therefore choose to drive an automatic. Its a pain in traffic and advances in automatic transmissions are regulating the stick shift to the grave yard.

Good God, you guys are so sensitive and all. The OP was just saying that if you want your car left alone buy a manual transmission, after all don't thieves steal cars that are the easiest to sell?

Good God, you guys are so sensitive and all. The OP was just saying that if you want your car left alone buy a manual transmission, after all don't thieves steal cars that are the easiest to sell?

No, they steal the ones that are easiest to chop up. And aren't you being a tad anus pained over us 'not getting' your humor ;)

The article discussed how many manual transmissions are purchased each year. It says nothing about how many people can drive them. People steal cars they can chop or that they can sell. I don't think the manual trans effects much of either one.

The vast majority of cars in the UK are manual gearboxes. There are two driving tests, one for manual and one for automatic, but most people take the manual test. If you take the automatic test then you are not allowed to drive manual cars.

People who take the manual test shouldn't be allowed to drive automatics. Why? Spite.

Back