How was your thanksgiving?

weed will be legalized one day. it'll be awesome. 50% of americans now support full legalization. of course, the government still told us to go fuck ourselves. So I guess that's progress.

My boss cannot wait for that day. Which is why he lights up at work. Daily.

weed will be legalized one day. it'll be awesome. 50% of americans now support full legalization. of course, the government still told us to go fuck ourselves. So I guess that's progress.

The inertia is still behind banning weed, and it will probably take at least a decade or two to hope to change it. If a legalization referendum or two actually succeeds, though, it might get peoples attention faster.

The inertia is still behind banning weed, and it will probably take at least a decade or two to hope to change it. If a legalization referendum or two actually succeeds, though, it might get peoples attention faster.

Or a bloody bloody coup.

Or a bloody bloody coup.

Yep. We need a revolution which will cost millions of lives and hugely destabilize the country in order to legalize weed a few years earlier.

Anyway, the main driving force behind this is that most of the support for legalization is amongst the youth, and the youth doesn't hold the power. The millenials have turned out to be a very liberal generation (if not the most liberal since we began cataloging them), echoing the liberalism of the early boomers, who are our parents. This is in contrast to the heavily conservative late boomers/Gen X'ers and Silent generation before them.

It's often better to have imperfect but highly legitimate institutions than to run the risk of legitimizing revolution and coups as a means of transferring power.

Mine was alright. Had dinner with my girlfriend's family, then headed over to my folks' place where I made myself sick on pie and ice cream, drank a few Cape Cods, and passed out on the couch. Best part was offending my mom's family (they don't drink).

Drunkenness seems to be a trend amongst JPP conservatives...they alternatively boast about it and then try to deny it...
dontknow.gif

Mine was uneventful. I didn't even get drunk :/

Fabulous! My dinner came awesome. The weather here is like spring, it's crazy, so I took advantage of that on Friday and got my christmas lights and decorations up. Then I spent the rest of the weekend reading and just relaxing. And cyber-shopping of course. Now the whole Christmas rush and between that and work, I will need an island vacation by January. But what do you kids know about that? The most trying thing you probably have to do between now and Christmas is make a comprehensive list of all the things you want Grind. :)

Fabulous! My dinner came awesome. The weather here is like spring, it's crazy, so I took advantage of that on Friday and got my christmas lights and decorations up. Then I spent the rest of the weekend reading and just relaxing. And cyber-shopping of course. Now the whole Christmas rush and between that and work, I will need an island vacation by January. But what do you kids know about that? The most trying thing you probably have to do between now and Christmas is make a comprehensive list of all the things you want Grind. :)
That's not fair Darla! Do you have any idea how hard Grind has had to work to reach his 7th year College!

Back