I am a fucking idiot

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Over the past three or so years I have attempted to lay siege to all art I considered improper at JPP.com and FPP.com. I condemned things such as LOTR, "genere fiction", and most heavy metal, pop music, rap, and even indie rock for a well.

This was idiocy. I beg your forgiveness. :(

LOL.

Translation: I read LOTR and think it is teh awesome, and now I can't make fun of it in good conscience!

:D

Unread Today, 11:19 AM
Remove user from ignore list
Southern Man
This message is hidden because Southern Man is on your ignore list.

Good point SM.

Okay... I myself do not apologize for hating pomo, however.

I've come to the conclusion that post-modernism is just complicated sounding nonsense. The artist really has no idea what he means by it, and simply hopes people will attach meaning to it, because humans have a flaw in that they often see patterns in nonsense. It's actually a very religious type of thinking. Ultimately, it's not enlightening, and is simply a waste of time. Or at least as much of a waste of time as reading LOTR minus the entertainment.

I've come to the conclusion that post-modernism is just complicated sounding nonsense. The artist really has no idea what he means by it, and simply hopes people will attach meaning to it, because humans have a flaw in that they often see patterns in nonsense. It's actually a very religious type of thinking. Ultimately, it's not enlightening, and is simply a waste of time. Or at least as much of a waste of time as reading LOTR minus the entertainment.

The irony is that pomo is only supposed to have true meaning to the artist, but it allows a bunch of moneygrubbing hacks to make shitty work and sell it to galleries where wealthy morons will swoon over it. I don't blame them though. I'd do the same thing if I were capable. I mean, who doesn't want to make good money taking advantage of wealthy morons?

The irony is that pomo is only supposed to have true meaning to the artist, but it allows a bunch of moneygrubbing hacks to make shitty work and sell it to galleries where wealthy morons will swoon over it. I don't blame them though. I'd do the same thing if I were capable. I mean, who doesn't want to make good money taking advantage of wealthy morons?

They don't generally make a lot of money. Only the top artists make a decent living. Practically no one gets there. Most pomo paintings can only sell decently once the artist is dead, because art just isn't real unless the artist is dead.

They don't generally make a lot of money. Only the top artists make a decent living. Practically no one gets there. Most pomo paintings can only sell decently once the artist is dead, because art just isn't real unless the artist is dead.

That's true. But then, the dying part is true of all artists.

Back