i am in oregon now.

∂˚;455951 said:
I plan on canoeing, white water rafting, hiking, and playing crusin usa at the arcade. I'm also 3 hours behind eastern for anyone that has gotten used to seeing me on at certain times. That is all.
Try the Butte beer. IT's pretty good.

∂˚;455990 said:
nothing beats the eliteness of massachusetts damo. And in fact I've seen some people with cowboy hats etc, as I'm out in the dessert kind of.
I've been to MA....dude, it's overated. A couple of good schools, a lot of ugly women and one good brewery. Big deal! I'd take the Carolina's any day!

oregon is a cool place to go to college. lots of hiking, kayaking, coastal and mountain climbing. never made mt. hood, but made other great hikes.

Nope. The cascades are volcanic in origion. The rockies are upthrust mountains.
Ah yes...

I should have pointed out that while the Cascades run into the rockies, they are the rejects and hence not counted as one of the mountain ranges that make up the Rockies... (I noted that they were the rejects earlier but didn't make the point that they are not part of the Rocky Mountains)...

Here is a map if you want to see...

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/nalnd.htm

I've seen a big chunk of this country but not much of the western states.

I've driven the entire length of i-75 from Saulte St. Marie to southern tip of Florida. I've driven i-80 from NYC to Lincoln, NE (the farthest west I've been, not including connects from LAX to Asia). I've traveled the length of 70 from DC to Kansas City. Done I-40 from Raliegh, NC to Ft. Smith, AR. I've Done 77 in Cleveland south to where it ends in Columbia, SC and then by pass to I-95 south to Daytona and I-4 to Orlando and Tampa Bay and that only represents about half the lower 48! Never mind Alaska. Damn this country is big!

I'd probably say my favorite part of the Interstate is the drive between St. Louis and Memphis. It's really nice in the spring time driving near the river and you don't have to risk falling off a mountain to enjoy the view. I hate driving in mountains. Great to be a passenger but it's a lot of work when you're the driver.

I've seen a big chunk of this country but not much of the western states.

I've driven the entire length of i-75 from Saulte St. Marie to southern tip of Florida. I've driven i-80 from NYC to Lincoln, NE (the farthest west I've been, not including connects from LAX to Asia). I've traveled the length of 70 from DC to Kansas City. Done I-40 from Raliegh, NC to Ft. Smith, AR. I've Done 77 in Cleveland south to where it ends in Columbia, SC and then by pass to I-95 south to Daytona and I-4 to Orlando and Tampa Bay and that only represents about half the lower 48! Never mind Alaska. Damn this country is big!

I'd probably say my favorite part of the Interstate is the drive between St. Louis and Memphis. It's really nice in the spring time driving near the river and you don't have to risk falling off a mountain to enjoy the view. I hate driving in mountains. Great to be a passenger but it's a lot of work when you're the driver.

There was an ex-patriated Brit, who is living in China, that complained that Americans were unaware; because they didn't travel Europe enough.

I tried to tell him that we have 50 States, the majority of which are larger then some countries, to vist and that when you add in all the cultures we have here; there was no need to cross the ocean.

Europe's just pissed; because they can't get there act together, after all these centuries, and yet we did.

I'd love to visit Oregon. The pictures I've seen are so beautiful, I'd really enjoy it. We were in NM over the weekend, and will be going to Cloudcroft in July. It is beautiful there too, in a different way. What was appealing to me was in the comparison of temps: here during the week when our highs were 100 - 102 degrees F, their highs were between 68 - 71 deg. F. I can live with that!

If you want beauty, come up to Mt. Baker or catch a ferry out to the San Juan Islands. In other words, forget Oregon and come up to Warshington.

Washington contributed the coolest pageant to Miss Congeniality.
It also produced Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam.

Apparently you all like to suck on our apples.

We gave the world Boeing, Microsoft, and Starbucks, and have been trying to destroy them ever since.

We also gave you Bob Barker.

:woot:

I know they are from before you were born, but Heart was also from Seattle. Many people don't know how much influence on Rock, Jazz, and Blues Seattle has had.

∂˚;455951 said:
I plan on canoeing, white water rafting, hiking, and playing crusin usa at the arcade. I'm also 3 hours behind eastern for anyone that has gotten used to seeing me on at certain times. That is all.

Are you in Willamette?

I know they are from before you were born, but Heart was also from Seattle. Many people don't know how much influence on Rock, Jazz, and Blues Seattle has had.

Well, heck, Bing Crosby was from Washington. I noticed in the movie Ray, that Ray Charles came out to Seattle, but I don't know how significant that was, and I wasn't watching the movie too closely...

∂˚;456426 said:
connecticut is a ghetto. I mean, just look at hartford. Massachusetts poorer areas are usually at least quint, (minus dorchester) CT is trash

I just said that to piss you off. But I would definitely say that--to people outside of NE--CT does have an aura of being more elite than MA. Also, it would be nice to get the whole Harvard vs. Yale thing going. :)

Back