I am the Enchilada King

Bow before your King!

Now I shall speak of my greatness.

Bow once more, thank you.

So I wanted enchiladas this week and one of my favorite Mexican restaurants wanted 50 buckaroos for 10 enchiladas. I said, that is $5 for a cheese enchilada and she said, I know huh, cheaper to make your own. I said cheaper if I buy the combo, she giggled and I said I know, huh.

So my enchilada quest began.

About $25 worth of ingredients, sauce etc. Prep time a bit over an hour. Grating cheese etc. Filling I'll never do again, some Vege thing (don't ask and I won't tell).

Next time, going back to my basic college days and just doing cheddar cheese and sauce with corn tortillas.

Bow before your King!

So I wanted enchiladas this week and one of my favorite Mexican restaurants wanted 50 buckaroos for 10 enchiladas. I said, that is $5 for a cheese enchilada and she said, I know huh, cheaper to make your own. I said cheaper if I buy the combo, she giggled and I said I know, huh.

About $25 worth of ingredients, sauce etc. Prep time a bit over an hour. Grating cheese etc. Filling I'll never do again, some Vege thing (don't ask and I won't tell).

Next time, going back to my basic college days and just doing cheddar cheese and sauce with corn tortillas.

This is the easiest enchilada sauce you will ever make, and da bomb. I cut the cumin back to 1/2 tsp, and ditch the salt (since chili powder already has a shit ton of salt).

Emeril's Easy Enchilada Sauce. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/easy-enchilada-sauce-3644189

Btw

I have enchiladas, 2 for $5.

Paypal accepted.

Now, is that the "whole enchilada"? I'm not quite sure what that means, but I DO like the phrase "whole enchilada". My favorite Mexican dish is the beef chimichanga. It's basically a deep fried burrito. Yum! With re-fried beans and rice on the side, with homemade tortilla chips and salsa. Heaven on a plate!

I bet if you were nice to Jade, he could provide you with a killer Recipe. (Think about this before you answer)

Bow before your King!

Now, is that the "whole enchilada"? I'm not quite sure what that means, but I DO like the phrase "whole enchilada". My favorite Mexican dish is the beef chimichanga. It's basically a deep fried burrito. Yum! With re-fried beans and rice on the side, with homemade tortilla chips and salsa. Heaven on a plate!

You can have beef and chicken fried burritos as well. Just sayin....

You can have beef and chicken fried burritos as well. Just sayin....

Yep. I prefer the beef. I've been to places in Arizona that have steak chimichangas as well. I've only had beef or chicken. Here in Valparaiso, Indiana, it's hard to find a good Mexican restaurant. Chimichangas are a rarity here. I did find a restaurant that DOES have them, I'll have to give it a try.

Yep. I prefer the beef. I've been to places in Arizona that have steak chimichangas as well. I've only had beef or chicken. Here in Valparaiso, Indiana, it's hard to find a good Mexican restaurant. Chimichangas are a rarity here. I did find a restaurant that DOES have them, I'll have to give it a try.
Look for a food truck....they usually have the best international offerings, unless it's a mom and pop restaurant....

Ha, you live in Indiana. Isn't that in Canada... :rofl2:

I bet if you were nice to Jade, he could provide you with a killer Recipe. (Think about this before you answer)

Well, I say the key to things like that is the right tortilla, peppers for the sauce, and the best melt cheese. The tortilla is a preference but I'd use guajillo peppers and queso chihuahua.

I FEEL like I'm in Canada at times. Especially last winter when the temperature hit -22 degrees one night. The HIGH earlier that day was -12. I stayed inside THAT day.

Yikes! I literally can see Mexico from my back yard. Nice view of the east hills and Mexico, but I'm leaving in a few months and moving back north or to an Island, not sure.

Back