I ate mushrooms

No, I ate normal mushrooms. I just really hate mushrooms. Most disgusting food in the world.

I've done psychedelic mushrooms before and generally never really was a fan of the experience.
It's the hydrazine dude. If you don't like mushrooms it's because some prole cooked them who didn't know what they were doing. If they were slimy or had a squishy texture or made you nauseous, don't blame the shroom...kill the chef.

Mushrooms should not be eaten raw or undercooked and dried mushrooms, though expensive, are more flavorful and safer to cook with.

Mushrooms cellular structure contains cell walls composed of mycochitins which are indegestible and most common mushrooms, such as the common button, portabela, shiitakes, morels, chanterelles, oysters mushrooms, etc., contain small quantities of hydrazine. Eating enough raw or undercooked mushrooms will irritate your stomach and make you feel nauseous. So if using fresh mushrooms sauté them till they release their liquids and start to carmalize. Heat decomposes the hydrazine. They will taste better, have a more palatable texture, and won't make you nauseous.

I personally love cooking with dried mushrooms. There isn't a braised meat recipe you can't kick up big time with dried mushrooms.

Last edited:
Here's an easy but very tasty braised beef recipe. First a couple of tips...sauté the cremini mushrooms as I described above. Not just 3 minutes. If crimini's are not available sliced button mushrooms work just fine. If dried porcini are not available 8 oz pack of portabella, sliced or chopped, works fine though the dried mushrooms are definitely better, just sauté them with the crimini.

Time permitting I would braise at 300 in the oven for 2.5 hours. I prefer to use a tougher cut of beef like a shank, chuck roast or mock tenders and braise till tender, shred with a fork, then braise another 30 minutes.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...ef-braised-with-red-wine-mushrooms?source=dam

Last edited:
Back