I dislike purposefully ingorant people...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
On Friday, this lady at work was telling me how much of a Muslim that Obama is. I asked her if she was Republican or Democrat, insisting of her awesome Democrat status she again informed me that doesn't change Obama's religion from Muslim to Christian.

I then told her he was not a Muslim, what church he was a member of, and told her what I thought she would like to know.

She then told me that I was "ignorant" and that he was a Muslim, plain "fact". With a harrumph and a bit of anger she proceeded to inform me how he had spent time in a Madrasa and that she read it on a source she trusts (a Democrat's blog somewhere was her description) and insisted that Clinton is the better choice and she would never vote for a "d*mn Muslim"....

I informed her that I am positively swimming in politics daily, and have studied that particular issue and informed her again of the name of the church. I even informed her she could find an official website of the church on the internet by typing in "Trinity Church of Christ Chicago"...

With that, she again told me that I was "ignorant" and probably a Republican who thought it would be easier to run against Obama...

I then decided to just "learn" from her and let her go on berating probably the best candidate the Ds have at this moment.

I was stunned.

Deliberately ignorant, spending all her time telling people to vote for Hillary over that "D*mn Muslim"...

Deliberately ignorant, spending all her time telling people to vote for Hillary over that "D*mn Muslim"...
That pretty much jives with my theory that Democrats tend to be:
1. ignorant
2. predjudice

Or all the things they claim Republicans to be.

I don't know what "democrat" blog she's reading.

I read most all the main progressive blogs, and none of them are promoting the "obama is a muslim" myth. Actually, they spend considerable time debunking the rightwing viral emails that promote that myth.

I don't know what "democrat" blog she's reading.

I read most all the main progressive blogs, and none of them are promoting the "obama is a muslim" myth. Actually, they spend considerable time debunking the rightwing viral emails that promote that myth.
I asked her what blog it was, she just kept repeating what I wrote up above.

I don't know what blog it is either. I think she is just deliberately and purposefully ignorant. I don't like people like that.

Plus not all Democrats are all that liberal. It's probably one some person sent her a link to that was all about that.

This lady is an asshole.

She needs to pull her head out of her ass and I think she is an embarrassment to the Democratic party.

I to have never seen a left leaning blog say such things.

When the time comes you'll hold your nose and pull the R lever. At least the WOT will still be fought.
There is absolutely no way I will vote for Huckabee. We cannot survive another populist religious-only conservative who will spend us to oblivion.

Back