I got an offer

performance bonus...

plus another thing that i really really like, is that its small, so its more of a chance for my hard work to get noticed and promotions etc which they mentioned in the interview that there is definently advancement potential.

Well, every place tells you that. Even the $hit hole I worked at before this. But it sounds like they are paying you well, so its all good. Hedge fund accounting........that sounds fancy! Did you go out and buy yourself something nice yet?

Well, every place tells you that. Even the $hit hole I worked at before this. But it sounds like they are paying you well, so its all good. Hedge fund accounting........that sounds fancy! Did you go out and buy yourself something nice yet?

no not yet, but i will be able to take the audi into work b/c parking is more spacious and its not as far of a commute,

oh and did i mention that i get to wear jeans to work everyday w/ sneakers?:clink: :clink:

performance bonus...

plus another thing that i really really like, is that its small, so its more of a chance for my hard work to get noticed and promotions etc which they mentioned in the interview that there is definently advancement potential.
Fascinating. I've never worked in a culture in which bonuses are actually expected. Indeed, I've never worked in a culture in which bonuses actually happen. My industry traditionally uses stock options in place of bonuses, more or less.

"Bonus" is an intriguing word. Are they contractual or can they be withheld at the board's whim?

Fascinating. I've never worked in a culture in which bonuses are actually expected. Indeed, I've never worked in a culture in which bonuses actually happen. My industry traditionally uses stock options in place of bonuses, more or less.

"Bonus" is an intriguing word. Are they contractual or can they be withheld at the board's whim?

They can definitely be withheld. If you're in the financial services industry you definitely expect to have a bonus. When I was in Diagnostic Testing you didn't get bonuses until you were a higher up. Peons like me, wouldn't even be considered.

They can definitely be withheld. If you're in the financial services industry you definitely expect to have a bonus. When I was in Diagnostic Testing you didn't get bonuses until you were a higher up. Peons like me, wouldn't even be considered.
Carot and stick. Nice carot. ;)

Unless the company has a really bad year, they are generally not withheld though. Not quite a carrot stick. You usually get them.

Unless you are in the lower working caste like you mentioned earlier LadyT. If that is the case those that get the bonuses just beat on you with the stick to be sure they get their bonus.

Unless you are in the lower working caste like you mentioned earlier LadyT. If that is the case those that get the bonuses just beat on you with the stick to be sure they get their bonus.

Not necessarily. Even the admins at my job get bonuses. Its certainly not as much as a VP or director, but they definitely get something nonetheless. Its rare that they aren't paid out. If anything it may be low one year, but in general you can count on a couple of thousand being thrown your way.

Back