I HATE VISTA!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel3

My company gave me a shiney new Dell laptop last May.

I was asked if I wanted XP or Vista. I have heard that Vista is where we will all be soon, so I figured I'd go ahead and get it.

But McAfee is not compatible with Vista, and McAfee is all the company uses.

Now I am running in Safe Mode until our IT people can find a cure.

It Sucks!!!!!

Ok, I am done venting now.

Whoever told you that you were going to Vista should be shot. No reasonable large company is going to move towards Vista, it's ME 2.

Whoever told you that you were going to Vista should be shot. No reasonable large company is going to move towards Vista, it's ME 2.

Shoot the company IT people? Don't tease me like that Dave. It would be too easy.

Shoot the company IT people? Don't tease me like that Dave. It would be too easy.

So wait, your company IT people told you that you were going to Vista? Uhh, I hope it was a decision from the top and they all fought it, and thats why it hasn't been implemented company wide yet. The IT staff should know better than anyone not to move to Vista.

So wait, your company IT people told you that you were going to Vista? Uhh, I hope it was a decision from the top and they all fought it, and thats why it hasn't been implemented company wide yet. The IT staff should know better than anyone not to move to Vista.

Actually, the corporation lets the 80 or so companies run their own show. We have a contracted IT group that recommended it.

I listened to advice more than I was required to have it.

I was asked if I wanted XP or Vista. I have heard that Vista is where we will all be soon, so I figured I'd go ahead and get it.

It Sucks!!!!!

similiar problem. I bought a new laptop last year it had Vista. It would not work with the custom VPN software needed to remote access my companies intranet. I went online and found a copy of XP pro with S/N and blew away Vista and put XP on it.

the new Vista commercial of people thinking they are using something else is so pitifuly funny.

Vista has created no problems for me, other than the whole having to buy new software stuff. I would not recommend that anybody get it if they have a choice, but since some of the computers I was fixing had it, it behooved me to get to know the software better so I didn't look the fool when looking for a setting.

similiar problem. I bought a new laptop last year it had Vista. It would not work with the custom VPN software needed to remote access my companies intranet. I went online and found a copy of XP pro with S/N and blew away Vista and put XP on it.

the new Vista commercial of people thinking they are using something else is so pitifuly funny.

Working in safe mode is a serious pain in the ass. I cannot even print. I send my documents over the network to one of our administrative people and she prints it for me.

Which makes it REALLY embarrassing when I print out Darla's nude pics.

:hide:

It Sucks!!!!!

Mcafee is not compatible with your Vista computer?

That's bizarre. It works on my computer. Why did they only move you to Vista? Anyone with any IT experience knows that everyone should move to Vista. It's XP2.

Working in safe mode is a serious pain in the ass. I cannot even print. I send my documents over the network to one of our administrative people and she prints it for me.

Why are you working in safe mode? Do you honestly think that will protect you from virus's? Get free anti-virus software until your dumbass IT guys get the patch for Mcafee that probably came out two years ago. But if they haven't patched it in two years it's probably no good anyway.

Why are you working in safe mode? Do you honestly think that will protect you from virus's? Get free anti-virus software until your dumbass IT guys get the patch for Mcafee that probably came out two years ago. But if they haven't patched it in two years it's probably no good anyway.

Because I cannot load any antivirus software on the company laptop unless it comes from out IT people.

And when I run my laptop in the normal mode I get the blue screen of death.

I was just informed that it will be at least Tuesday before the new version of McAfee will be installed.

Because I cannot load any antivirus software on the company laptop unless it comes from out IT people.

And when I run my laptop in the normal mode I get the blue screen of death.

LOL.

The old version of McCaffee really fucked things up? Can't you diable it in safe mode?

i dissagree... the major reason i see companys havent migrated yet is because of hardware.

you should just install avast free edition until they find a solution, mcafee sucks anyway.

vista is a great os, actuly i had more problems with xp when it released, then i did with vista. vista is so much more IT friendly too.

I cannot add any antiviral software to the company laptop.

They get antsy about that. They don't mind me adding yahoo messenger, but no anitvirus stuff.

Yeah My company software removes anything I add that they do not like.
It also automatically adds what they want in there.

Back