I have determined, That I am not alive

all philosophy needs to be tested by Dooyeweerd's concept of Naive Thought....basically, if a philosophy is too complex to be understood readily by the man on the street, it needs to be rejected as worthless......
Which is opposed by Rand's objectivism as we know that when it comes to the man in the street the least common denominator isn't 1 but 0.

As I said earlier. Cogito Sum Ergo my ass.

That's one thing I like about Objectivism. It's somewhere between rationalism and niave thought.

Which is opposed by Rand's objectivism as we know that when it comes to the man in the street the least common denominator isn't 1 but 0.

As I said earlier. Cogito Sum Ergo my ass.

That's one thing I like about Objectivism. It's somewhere between rationalism and niave thought.

lol....naive thought isn't the opposite of rationalism, it's the opposite of irrationalism......

lol....naive thought isn't the opposite of rationalism, it's the opposite of irrationalism......
That depends entirely upon what you base your least common denominator on. 1 or 0?

niave thought is essentially another wording for Occum's Razor. The problem with Occums Razor is that it's not always true.

When is Occums Razor ever wrong?

Aristotle: Bigger things fall faster, according to some gibblygook.

Galileo: OOHHHH!!!! THEY ALL FALL AT THE SAME RATE!@!!1

Newton:
b65000f8f887a68545ce63eb1cada232.png

Einstein:
b0ccdc23c1a446c964a1c65712b3ebc9.png

Back