I just lost a lot of money in the market

Shoud I

• Total voters
I've never understood people who don't understand the whole concept of "buy low, sell high". You have to buy when everybody else is dumping, you have to sell when everybody else is buying. Late 90s, good time to sell. 2008 great time to buy.

I've never understood people who don't understand the whole concept of "buy low, sell high". You have to buy when everybody else is dumping, you have to sell when everybody else is buying. Late 90s, good time to sell. 2008 great time to buy.

I cannot believe that people are only selling. Who would sell anything at this point?

At this time, I'm going to recommend GTLS again. It may go down due to the panic... but everyone thinks we are connected to Oil. We sell parts for storage and pipes to the energy companies, we aren't effected unless the Oil companies just basically say 'fuck it'. They gotta replace parts, they still are drilling new fields all over the world, so basically, this panic caused a huge drop in price. Expect another good quarter though....

Thank god you are not in the position of people who were just about to retire.

Now everything is a good buy that you can hang onto for the next boom.

You are going to be one wealthy woman in the future.

Thank god you are not in the position of people who were just about to retire.

Now everything is a good buy that you can hang onto for the next boom.

You are going to be one wealthy woman in the future.

Yeah. Lesson learned: as I near retirement, get most of my portfolio into fixed income vehicles!

Charver - problem with buying repossession companies is that every other stock market expert is doing the same thing and inflating the price.

Be a contrarian, think where the opportunities others are missing might lie.

Charver - problem with buying repossession companies is that every other stock market expert is doing the same thing and inflating the price.

Be a contrarian, think where the opportunities others are missing might lie.

Very true, Rev.

I have chosen to invest in recession proof industries, such as those "no win no fee" law firms that allow fat scratters to sue local authorities for being clumsy.

And, of course, my midget circus. People love midgets.

Dude, the entire system has been abused and is breaking down. These old style rules don't really apply any more.

Back