I like candles

I have never heard about candle parties or party light so I think you're still a notch up higher on the gay scale damo. and you can't blame your sister. If you bump into such knowledge then it's a part of your psyche.

p.s. tomorrow I may go to the yankee candle shop and get a lavender one fyi :)
Putting flame to wick, and knowing what "lavender" smells like... that's far more ghey than repeating my sister's laughter filled conjecture about your gheyness...

I got no ideas what a "lavender" candle even looks like, let alone want one. Although I do make beeswax candles from our bees... I sell them to ghey people and chicks.

:D

This is pretty much bullshit.

Most light (there are exceptions, like lasers) in the visible range comes from heating up something to a level at which it starts emitting radiation. The "color" of light actual comes from what temperature it's at - what temperature it's at determines what part of the spectrum it peaks in. This is the same whether your talking about a candle, fluorescents, or the goddamn sun. Candles just have particularly pleasant light because they have a low temperature, so they peak at a low, reddish part of the spectrum.

If you have something particularly hot, it can peak in the ultraviolet, which is cool. Well, I guess maybe something that's really hot could peak in the microwaves. O_O I wonder how hot you'd have to be for that.

you should sue your teachers

you should sue your teachers

And the all the encyclopedias and physics text books ever produced? And who did you get your sources from? Some nut job alt-med site? Modern physics vs. alt-med nutjobs - jeez, I wonder who I'm going to believe. In my experience they don't teach this stuff at the high school level, which is why you've never heard of it. It's more relevant to astronomy.

That's how thermally produced electromagnetic radiation works, yurt. Why do you think that infrared sensors can pick up your heat? Because your body is giving off electromagnetic radiation due to your heat that peaks in the infrared. If you get a black body hot enough, it produces electromagnetic radiation that peaks in the visible spectrum, starting at red for low temperatures and going up to violet for very very high temperatures. That's how candles and incandescents work. This is why monitors and other things are said to have a "color temperature" - it's a reference to the kind of spectrum thermal radiation gives off at certain temperatures.

Fluorescents work through exciting gasses, and do not produce the same kind of even spectrum that other light sources do.

Last edited:
800px-Hot_metalwork.jpg

How do you think this works, yurt? Notice how it goes from yellow to red as it goes to the cooler parts of the metal until finally reaching a part of the metal that starts peaking predominantly outside of the visible spectrum and less and less and then practically no visible protons. The sun works the same way. And so do incandescents.

Last edited:
Yurt = schooled.

Incandescents are every bit a natural light source as the sun or candles. There's no evidence to show that fluorescents cause physical problems, besides the placebo effects yurt started experiencing when he read that shit off of some alt-med website.

watermark...you are truly an idiot

sue your teachers and sue yourself, because you suck at google "research"

what i stated is fact

i don't know if im pulling this out of my ass but I think ive hard of people getting migranes due to florescent lights. But maybe that was more to do with the light intensity itself and nothing actually to do with fluorescents.

I do hate those lights so god damn much though. They make me depressed. So psychologically they affect me O_O

why do you insist on being so stupid on certain subjects? there is a reason why people prefer candle light to artificial light watermark.
Could it be because most artificial lights are rated around 200-300 candle power. I.E. 200-300 candles worth concentrated into a small point?

why do you insist on being so stupid on certain subjects? there is a reason why people prefer candle light to artificial light watermark.

Because it has very weak light at a very low color temperature? Incandescent light works in the same way, it's just usually stronger and it has a slightly higher color temperature (candles generally have the reddest color temperature out of pretty much any light source). Is that a better explanation than "because it's artificial"? That's nothing other than the naturalistic fallacy, and extremely ignorant naturalistic fallacy because candle light isn't any more natural than incandescent anyway. How is heating the air until it starts to be incandescent any different than heating a piece of metal until it starts to become incandescent?

Last edited:
i love love love the fact i can start a random ass thread like this and it'll still turn into an argument and probably get 50+ posts

Back