I Love America

When I travel abroad, Geeko, I miss American food.
I struggle to find food that I like overseas.
And when I do, it's much more expensive than it is here.

So there is something that I truly love about America--the probably unhealthy but delicious food.
Restaurants in Manhattan, Las Vegas, and San Francisco are like tiny dots of heaven.
Even the BBQ joints in some Red States are very good, which is probably the only reason that they haven't been nuked. [Just don't order ethnic food there.]

But that's where we are.
The grandest stretch of real estate on this planet, between two great oceans, rich in natural resources,
but thanks to so many unworthy inhabitants,
I'm left loving mostly the food.

I've never traveled abroad. But I have traveled extensively throughout the continental United States during my long and rewarding career. I've never been to Montana or Maine, but I've been everywhere man!

I've learned, if you want good pizza, you go to Chicago or NYC! If you want good Mexican Food or real BBQ, you go to Texas. You want real Cottage Cheese, you may want to visit the MIDWESTERN states. You want Lobster, it's New Jersey for me. If you like Seafood, It's Baltimore, San Fran or Galveston. You want Cajon, French, or Soul food it's New Orleans. It you want southern fried, it's Georgia.

Every state has something good to eat. There is something to like about every state.

I've even liked the people I've met from every state except two- But there are two states that I did not like the people at all- OHIO and the state of WASHINGTON! I found those people to be disturbing!

I couldn't get out of those two states fast enough! LOL!

Last edited:
New Jersey for lobster?

That's a new one for this native New Englander.

Although you did say that you've never been to Maine.

I've noticed that if I'm in a state with preachers on the radio, chances are that I won't like a lot of people there.

Works for me. I fail to see why you hid this thread on "Off Topic" instead of proudly proclaiming your love of America on the General Politics forum.

2lsoha.jpg

Outstanding.

What ships were you on? I deployed on the Saratoga to the Med and took the Independence around the Horn to San Diego. Spent a few nights on small boys like the Kidd in both the Med and the Tongue of the Ocean.

LPD 13 Nashville
CVN 65 Enterprise
AD 42 Acadia
FFG-12 George Philip

Back