I may be our next County Commissioner!

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
We voted for a gentleman who was superbly qualified for the position, however just after we elected him he contracted a virulent form of cancer and has since passed. I am on the vacating committee, which is the central committee... I have been called and asked to put my name into the nominations! I'm excited. I have a slight chance of actually becoming a County Commissioner just before it looks like Congressman Tancredo may take a run at President (not to win but to bring debate to immigration) and according to current rules you cannot run for both at once.

Anyway, the guy stated he wanted his wife to take over the position and the Vacating Committee just may vote her in... but many on the committee are uncomfortable with that as we are unsure of her qualifications...

Sorta. It pays like one... but most run a business and are commissioners at the same time. So, it is likely that I could keep my job and do this as well. It would just about double my salary.

***Sneaks in***

We voted for a gentleman who was superbly qualified for the position, however just after we elected him he contracted a virulent form of cancer and has since passed. I am on the vacating committee, which is the central committee... I have been called and asked to put my name into the nominations! I'm excited. I have a slight chance of actually becoming a County Commissioner just before it looks like Congressman Tancredo may take a run at President (not to win but to bring debate to immigration) and according to current rules you cannot run for both at once.

Anyway, the guy stated he wanted his wife to take over the position and the Vacating Committee just may vote her in... but many on the committee are uncomfortable with that as we are unsure of her qualifications...

Just for a moment mind ya...this happened to me in my small county...albeit no 'Passing away' involved those who were voted in just wanted to move on to another venture in life...I passed on the nomination though as I was concerned as to "cleaning up their messes"...have fun though!;)

Well, it has become more unlikely as there are, right now, about 8 people vying for the same position. Most of which have held the position and have been voted out. But there are at least 3 well-qualified people that I will be against as well as the lady in question in the first post who has a lot of "support" from people that believe that they can run her from the sidelines.

I spoke with one of them last night who kept mentioning her "advisors" who would be "helping" her.... jerk. Methinks many are taking advantage of a woman in emotional pain who has no other qualification other than a report that her husband wanted her to take his spot.

can you save the pits now?
I've told ya, our county already does. We have taken many of the animals in, as most of the rescues are in our county...

The unfortunate ones are the people who refuse to give up the dog after getting caught once. They get caught a second time and there is no out for the animal.

When is the next Pit killin anyway ? I might come and bring my WW2 vintage Sten gun.
Do you sell shootin tickets ? Is the charge per dog or all you can shoot ?

When is the next Pit killin anyway ? I might come and bring my WW2 vintage Sten gun.
Do you sell shootin tickets ? Is the charge per dog or all you can shoot ?
Nah, it's a five dollar all-the-ammunition-you-can-spend event! Come one, come all, we have a ton of pits just awaiting your fast-traveling ammunition.

Pits just require the cheap FMJ military surplus ammo, I have plenty of that.
Just let me know when the next pit count reduction event is.

Damo, don't deny our love affair, you told me you were leaving your wife for me. remember how you get all dressed up in your fireman uniform, and the time on the ladder of the engine at the firehouse?... remember that time?

Back