I Re-Enlisted Today

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
I'm up for another six years, although my plan is to work on pursuing a commissioning opportunity before this term expires. Either way, I had fun with it, and opted to "affirm" my oath rather than to "swear" it. This is something I wanted to do once in my career, so I can now check that off my to-do list.

:usflag:

I'm up for another six years, although my plan is to work on pursuing a commissioning opportunity before this term expires. Either way, I had fun with it, and opted to "affirm" my oath rather than to "swear" it. This is something I wanted to do once in my career, so I can now check that off my to-do list.

Good to go, 3D. :clap:

Can't ween yourself off the government teet eh 3D? ;)

Hell, just getting promoted to Tech Sgt would up my pay like $300. I am hopefull to get selected for it during the next couple of years, because it's a pretty awesome rank. In the active duty world, it is considered the most difficult to test for.

Also, apparently we have to redo the paperwork and I am only getting a four year re-enlistment. The six years was promised to me when I was still a Drill Status Guardsman, but now that I am an Active Guard Reservist, I can only extend my enlistment for as long as my AGR tour, and my tours can only be 4 year periods. Kinda sucks.

Hell, just getting promoted to Tech Sgt would up my pay like $300. I am hopefull to get selected for it during the next couple of years, because it's a pretty awesome rank. In the active duty world, it is considered the most difficult to test for.

Also, apparently we have to redo the paperwork and I am only getting a four year re-enlistment. The six years was promised to me when I was still a Drill Status Guardsman, but now that I am an Active Guard Reservist, I can only extend my enlistment for as long as my AGR tour, and my tours can only be 4 year periods. Kinda sucks.
Well get a real job then! :p

Someday we'll be typing with General Threedee...

Does that sound like a Star Wars character to anybody else?

In my line of work, a commission can get me to Major. Lt. Colonel is pushing it. Beyond that, I would have to look into something beyond the world of Air Defense.

When I do get my commission, expect my screen name to be ceremoniously changed to Butter Bars.

Well, Lt. Threedee sounds just as much like a Star Wars character, but just a sideline character...

On the other hand, when I make captain, I could tie it into my love of Star Wars and of Hope Solo, so that when the season comes along and I do my customary tribute to Hope Solo, I could just name myself Captain Solo. :D

Your ass needs to deploy boot.

Good luck to you! Securing your future, buying a home. Let the good times roll.

Back