I recently got a 27 on my ACT...

Hey, Bush got into Yale. But he was rich as hell, too.

Bush got into two Yale for two reasons. Both his father and his grandfather went there. Legacies get into to college REGARDLESS of their scores and grades. No other C level highschool student with middling SAT's could have gotten in to Yale without being a legacy. I have always said that all things being equal, if GWB was George Walker Smith he would have been lucky to get into to San Jacinto College in Houston.

Bush got into two Yale for two reasons. Both his father and his grandfather went there. Legacies get into to college REGARDLESS of their scores and grades. No other C level highschool student with middling SAT's could have gotten in to Yale without being a legacy. I have always said that all things being equal, if GWB was George Walker Smith he would have been lucky to get into to San Jacinto College in Houston.
And Kerry, who actually had worse grades at Yale? What were his test scores and was he a legacy?

Loyola is/was a Jesuit college; there's one in Chicago. I don't know if others exist around the country. You could do a search. I don't know how serious Trog's comment was, though; I don't know much more about the school.

Loyola College in Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, California
Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois
Loyola University New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana

Those are the four biggest I think

And Kerry, who actually had worse grades at Yale? What were his test scores and was he a legacy?

No Idea. But I bet he was a legacy on his mom's side. She was a Forbes and I think that family had a Yale background. But I think a more important comparison to Bush as far as success and whether it was earned or granted at birth is William Jefferson Clinton. Born to a poor woman in Arkansas, and went to school at Harvard without being a legacy. Bush has NEVER earned a position in his entire life. Without being George Herbert Walker Bush's son he would have been lucky to be a mid level oilfield manager in Midland Texas. And his failure to grasp the basics has shown through, especially in foreign policy for the last 7 years.

No Idea. But I bet he was a legacy on his mom's side. She was a Forbes and I think that family had a Yale background. But I think a more important comparison to Bush as far as success and whether it was earned or granted at birth is William Jefferson Clinton. Born to a poor woman in Arkansas, and went to school at Harvard without being a legacy. Bush has NEVER earned a position in his entire life. Without being George Herbert Walker Bush's son he would have been lucky to be a mid level oilfield manager in Midland Texas. And his failure to grasp the basics has shown through, especially in foreign policy for the last 7 years.
I was honestly wondering. However the test scores and "legacy" only seems to matter if it is a righty.

I was honestly wondering. However the test scores and "legacy" only seems to matter if it is a righty.

Personally I find Legacy admissions as non-meritocratis as Affirmative Action with less logic to back them up. Legacy admissions are solely based on who your relative was. You can be a complete idiot and still be granted an admission on Legacy basis. Hell I got a letter from the University of Kansas School of Law saying that I would be admitted as a legacy if I applied. I NEVER sent them a transcript, never sent them my LSAT score and STILL I was told I could go to their school sight unseen. I would have gotten in but they should have NEVER told me I would without knowing about me first.

Yes, I know about the whole legacy thing...

Personally I find Legacy admissions as non-meritocratis as Affirmative Action with less logic to back them up. Legacy admissions are solely based on who your relative was. You can be a complete idiot and still be granted an admission on Legacy basis. Hell I got a letter from the University of Kansas School of Law saying that I would be admitted as a legacy if I applied. I NEVER sent them a transcript, never sent them my LSAT score and STILL I was told I could go to their school sight unseen. I would have gotten in but they should have NEVER told me I would without knowing about me first.

So, did you get into another law school?

Yeah I went to Washburn University School of Law in Topeka Kansas, graduated in 98. But they admitted me after looking at my LSAT score and my undergrad transcripts

Back