I think I met "The One"

Right on Beefy, Love finds a way. Take an LA sabatical and talk her into moving to the Islands or talk yourself into remainlanding. check out all the little Beach citys in Cali as a compromise location.

When my grandparents on my mother's side first met, he was living in LA and she in N. CA. They still managed to find time to be together before he moved up and settled down. He was a logger in the CCC, so it was inevitable that he make his way up to the north.

Interestingly, all four of my grandparents grew up in Nebraska, but only two of them met there (at the U).

beefy is such a thread hit n runner it gets pretty annoying.

Beefy, you are probably just getting desperate because you are over the hill now. I'm sure glad I'm 23 :)

Beefy, you are probably just getting desperate because you are over the hill now. I'm sure glad I'm 23 :)

Say what you want about hills, I have had more fun in my late 30s and my 40s than I did when I was in my 20s.

And that includes wilder times. A woman in her 30s or 40s is sooooo much better than a 20 something woman. (at least in my opinion)

LOL - yeah. Enjoy your twenties. Depsite what these old farts tell you, your thirties are nothing to to look forward to.

Actually beefy you've got a great advantage here. Convincing her to come to Hawaii for a long weekend will be pretty easy if you keep in contact with her. I honestly don't even think you'd have to come out of pocket for a whole ticket either.

When my grandparents on my mother's side first met, he was living in LA and she in N. CA. They still managed to find time to be together before he moved up and settled down. He was a logger in the CCC, so it was inevitable that he make his way up to the north.

Interestingly, all four of my grandparents grew up in Nebraska, but only two of them met there (at the U).

Cali is one interesting melting pot.
Does it make you want to visit Nebraska?

Oh please do explain this to us Chap! This sounds like it could potentially be pretty entertaining. :)

It sounds like something involving bondage. Which, while entertaining, is apparently not a good topic for these forums.

Every time I see the words "The One" I think of Harpo telling me how Obama was "The One"...

That is what I thought this thread was about, meaning Obama. I sas was surprised. With that said, I think Beefy should do what he can to connect.

I think too often that the phrase, "Opposites Attract," is a truism. Therefore those we 'connect' with or 'love at first sight' is often exciting at the time, but tends to lead to argument in the long term. Powerful attraction from first sight, IMO, may be a sign of rough times to come.

Cali is one interesting melting pot.
Does it make you want to visit Nebraska?

Actually, my mom moved up to Seattle at the end of the 70's, which is where my two grandparents that had actually met in Nebraska moved out to. I only go to CA to visit relatives. I would really like to fly to Omaha to visit, because the relatives there sound really cool. Also, I have never been to S. CA, but I have some relatives still in LA (and I wanna see OC and Disneyland), which would make for a great excuse. I'm jealous that my brother has been able to go to both places.

I think too often that the phrase, "Opposites Attract," is a truism. Therefore those we 'connect' with or 'love at first sight' is often exciting at the time, but tends to lead to argument in the long term. Powerful attraction from first sight, IMO, may be a sign of rough times to come.

Beefy has the advantage here that his friends knoiw the woman. It sounds like they purposely introduced the two of them. My little Bro was set up on a blind date by his friends because they thought the girl and him would get along great. Funny thing was is they met a few days before the set up. They are now married with a one year old baby girl.

If your friends truely know you they can be of great help in screening prospective dates.

That massive attraction I had to my hubby from first site scared the hell out of me Damo. It worked out OK though.

What a buzzkill. Okay G, I'll take your advice and avoid those that I'm initially attracted to. :rolleyes:

Back