i want a debate against holyrollers

What do you want to debate about? The word hollyrollers? That you can justify hate towards a group? That holyrollers are anti gay? That holyrollers hate you? Be specific ....

I've been thinking about a Poll... However there are simply too many troll accounts to make it accurate. If people don't care about the slight inaccuracies I'll make a poll available after the debate in The War Zone to determine the "winner"...

You can see who voted for what on the polls in this forum and can't you tell who has more than one account?

LadyT said:
You can see who voted for what on the polls in this forum and can't you tell who has more than one account?

I can tell, but I'd make this one so that others could not tell who voted in which direction. It is an option when making the poll...

Or does open voting appeal more to people?

Well ... I'll debate you on gay marriage .. but there might be a problem ..., Im not against the rights of a civil union between the same sex .. I believe marriage to be a religous institution and the state does not have the right to interfere or even sanction marriage. Two different concepts.

klaatu said:
Well ... I'll debate you on gay marriage .. but there might be a problem ..., Im not against the rights of a civil union between the same sex .. I believe marriage to be a religous institution and the state does not have the right to interfere or even sanction marriage. Two different concepts.
You oppose the licensing of marriages? If so then you're effectively legalizing same sex marriage.

Not that I object, you understand; I just wanted to keep that clear. :cof1:

klaatu said:

well not to get into it now if we debate, but you do know that marriage USED TO BE A MEANS of people owning their property... it was about property rights...

$$RichRepublican$$ said:
well not to get into it now if we debate, but you do know that marriage USED TO BE A MEANS of people owning their property... it was about property rights...
It still is, primarily. The only other functions the institution has are somewhat ephemeral. They're emotional and personal, not social.

It can definitely be hidden Ornot. Damo was asking my preference for the head to head debates.

robdastud said:
who wants to debate me??

I think I've got Rick Santorum's talking points down, and could debate the opposite side against you:

Gay marriage is the same as man on dog sex - people will start demanding the right to marry their pets.

Gay marriage will create perverts out of the adopted children of gay partners.

Gay marriage will be the dowfall of american civilization

Anyone want to debate on Rick Santorum? My position is that he's a disgrace. I'm looking for someone to defend the notion that he's just an embarrassment.

Back