I was quite ill the last several days..........

...........From complications due to diabetes. I had to spend a day in a local hospital on this past Saturday evening to early evening yesterday. My blood sugar levels got dangerously high, most likely because I had been taking in far too many carbs recently. I've quit drinking beer completely, and I've been TRYING to eat a healthy diet. I just need to be more careful of my carb intake. I'm feeling much better now, and the oral insulin medication I take was adjusted. It IS nice to be back on here.:cool:

Are you overweight?

Are you overweight?

You BET I am. It was ONE of the contributing factors in my developing Type 2 Diabetes at age 59. I initially lost almost 30 pounds because I was so sick some 7 months ago. Unfortunately, I've gained some of that weight back because I'm hungry ALL the time. Recently I HAVE cut back on the eating, and I'm making an effort to get exercise. It FEELS like I've dropped a few pounds in the last couple weeks. We don't have a scale at home, and I prefer it to be that way.;)

You BET I am. It was ONE of the contributing factors in my developing Type 2 Diabetes at age 59. I initially lost almost 30 pounds because I was so sick some 7 months ago. Unfortunately, I've gained some of that weight back because I'm hungry ALL the time. Recently I HAVE cut back on the eating, and I'm making an effort to get exercise. It FEELS like I've dropped a few pounds in the last couple weeks. We don't have a scale at home, and I prefer it to be that way.;)

If I may ask, what type of exercise are you doing??

Simply walking a few miles a day-every day will help get your metabolism on the right tract.....

You need to learn to like it & better foods-not treat yourself as much..........

I'm not a doctor but I'll say this...start riding a bike everyday. Get the blood pumping, get back in shape.

If I may ask, what type of exercise are you doing??

Simply walking a few miles a day-every day will help get your metabolism on the right tract.....

You need to learn to like it & better foods-not treat yourself as much..........

Unfortunately, VERY little exercise, Bill. I've made a vow to myself to start walking at least few times a week at a local park that's just about a half mile from where I live. It has a nice oval track that's used by walkers, joggers, and runners. I've checked it out, but haven't done any walking there as of yet. The park itself is quite nice, and it attracts a huge assortment of people. Young and old people, as well as people with their kids or their dogs. I'm eager to start walking there.

Unfortunately, VERY little exercise, Bill. I've made a vow to myself to start walking at least few times a week at a local park that's just about a half mile from where I live. It has a nice oval track that's used by walkers, joggers, and runners. I've checked it out, but haven't done any walking there as of yet. The park itself is quite nice, and it attracts a huge assortment of people. Young and old people, as well as people with their kids or their dogs. I'm eager to start walking there.

As the say "the longest journey begins w/ a single step"............. :)

Just decide to do it, walk over, bring your music or whatever & check it out......

I go out in the mountains etc for various reason including those you mentioned, great scenery, perhaps some interaction etc etc etc....

It is amazing what "good" a walk, or bike ride as gullie mentioned can do for you.... :thup:

Getting a little cardio really helps in every way......

As the say "the longest journey begins w/ a single step"............. :)

Just decide to do it, walk over, bring your music or whatever & check it out......

I go out in the mountains etc for various reason including those you mentioned, great scenery, perhaps some interaction etc etc etc....

It is amazing what "good" a walk, or bike ride as gullie mentioned can do for you.... :thup:

Getting a little cardio really helps in every way......

Thanks very much for your reply, Bill.:)

Back