Ibn Saud’s Star Wanes, British Scheme to Dislodge Americans 1948

Derek Plumbly was the British Ambassador to KSA.. Everywhere he went there were bombings. It was a quickly organized bombing to implicate the Palestinians. Everyone in the kingdom knew there was NO bootleggers turf war.

Plumbly was a spook.

Referring to the 2000 Riyadh Bombing, Gordon Logan wrote that was Plumbly "routinely knighted to cover up the cock-up on his watch".

According to journalist Neil Mackay he was 'one of the key figures' in an alleged disinformation operation called Operation Mass Appeal from the late 1990s in the run up to the invasion of Iraq in 2003.

Same thing happened in a resort town Sinai in 2005 when Plumbly was ambassador to Egypt.

I have already read that crap before, the simple truth is the Saudis were severely embarrassed by the presence of AQ in their country and needed some scapegoats. That you buy into it says much about you and your partisanship.

https://www.economist.com/node/1785400

Yes, I can read as well as you, the difference is I think is mostly bullshit.

I was in Arabia for a couple of weeks that May.. There was no trouble.. The Brits were blowing each other up in an attempt to blame it on Arab terrorists.

It was a truly ham fisted screw up on the part of the Brits.. It wasn't AQ.. By then AQ was settled in Yemen.

Back