If it wasn't for the movie "The Jerk" I never would have recognized this tune

David Jeffrey Spetch

Verified User
If it wasn't for the movie "The Jerk" I never would have recognized this tune

Which was apparently famous from the 50's called "Tonight You Belong To Me" by the Lennon Sisters of which I don't recall even having heard of them before. Just randomly browsing videos and it caught my eye ... It's not a kick ass tune but it's ok.

love

Primary Factual Fundamentalist World Class Activist
David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!
Hamilton Ontario Canada

My mom adored the Lennon Sisters.

I'm 49, born in 71 and honestly don't remember ever hearing about the Lennon Sisters. Pretty sure I saw The Jerk and heard that tune for the first time in the 80's.

When I was young, I wasn't into remembering band names or even most songs names too though. I just couldn't care less yet I liked some music. In my later teens I started to care to learn names etc. for reference purposes lol. By then the Lennon sisters weren't on rock radio Q 107 (Toronto Ontario station) in the 80's / 90's

I'm 49, born in 71 and honestly don't remember ever hearing about the Lennon Sisters. Pretty sure I saw The Jerk and heard that tune for the first time in the 80's.

When I was young, I wasn't into remembering band names or even most songs names too though. I just couldn't care less yet I liked some music. In my later teens I started to care to learn names etc. for reference purposes lol. By then the Lennon sisters weren't on rock radio Q 107 (Toronto Ontario station) in the 80's / 90's

My mom was born in 46, she considered these girls role models, and lovely singers.

My mom was born in 46, she considered these girls role models, and lovely singers.

My mom was Born in 49 ;) . Both grandmas in their 90's still alive. I also knew my great grandmother up ti'l around age 12. May she rest in peace, yet would likely be rolling in her grave knowing politically what goes on to us here in Canada these days.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the religious horse shit in this movie, other than that, I laughed my ass off and sewed it right back on at times ... :cool:

"The Jerk" clips

Which was apparently famous from the 50's called "Tonight You Belong To Me" by the Lennon Sisters of which I don't recall even having heard of them before. Just randomly browsing videos and it caught my eye ... It's not a kick ass tune but it's ok.

love

Primary Factual Fundamentalist World Class Activist
David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!
Hamilton Ontario Canada

So you never watched the Lawrence Welk show?

They were really before your time.

They were really before your time.

Lots of great girl groups from that era. I was more into the Andrews Sisters, Chordettes, and DeCastro Sisters, but there were many more. I'm fortunate to have many 45 RPM records of most of the girl groups and their greatest hits from that era.

Back