If it wasn't for the movie "The Jerk" I never would have recognized this tune

Lots of great girl groups from that era. I was more into the Andrews Sisters, Chordettes, and DeCastro Sisters, but there were many more. I'm fortunate to have many 45 RPM records of most of the girl groups and their greatest hits from that era.

Andrews Sisters, Chordettes, and DeCastro Sisters, ... Who? lol I might remember the music by hearing it but none of those rings a bell with me either ... What would you say your favorite tune is, I'll search it up and have a listen otherwise just post it here if you will.

Which was apparently famous from the 50's called "Tonight You Belong To Me" by the Lennon Sisters of which I don't recall even having heard of them before. Just randomly browsing videos and it caught my eye ... It's not a kick ass tune but it's ok.

love

Primary Factual Fundamentalist World Class Activist
David Jeffrey Spetch
Ps. Be good, be strong!
Hamilton Ontario Canada

Wut? You've never the "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy from Company B"?

Oh! The Lennon sisters are from the Lawrence Welk show.

tenor.gif
tenor.gif

I'm 49, born in 71 and honestly don't remember ever hearing about the Lennon Sisters. Pretty sure I saw The Jerk and heard that tune for the first time in the 80's.

When I was young, I wasn't into remembering band names or even most songs names too though. I just couldn't care less yet I liked some music. In my later teens I started to care to learn names etc. for reference purposes lol. By then the Lennon sisters weren't on rock radio Q 107 (Toronto Ontario station) in the 80's / 90's

I saw The Jerk again recently and to be honest it doesn't date very well. Hilarious when it came out in the late 70s but more mildly titillating these days.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=RDCX45pYvxDiA&feature=share&playnext=1

Last edited:
Back