IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO BAN ME...

I hope you're not replying to me, Frankie. I can't see it. So you're talking to yourself. A sign of mental illness. You should seek professional help.

Maybe he's concerned about getting banned because you people ban those from the left for nothing.

It's stupid, childish and immature to ban someone for posting in the 'wrong' forum.

I reserve the right to ban anyone for any reason. If you don't like it, that's just too bad.

I hope you're not replying to me, Frankie. I can't see it. So you're talking to yourself. A sign of mental illness. You should seek professional help.

You read what I wrote.

I'm laughing at you.

You are reading this one, too...right?

Maybe he's concerned about getting banned because you people ban those from the left for nothing.

It's stupid, childish and immature to ban someone for posting in the 'wrong' forum.
I'm sure that's it.... (he's not from the "left", you know)

He's to the left of your racist ass.

I have never, ever...EVER...anywhere...at any time...

...said that I am not from the left. TOP is full of shit on that comment, but that is because TOP is almost always full of shit.

I support a progressive agenda...mostly because I think that is the best we can do at this moment in our history. I hope someday that we can go further.

Most of what I espouse probably is considered radically left by most liberals.

(And, for the record, on certain issues I am probably closer to the conservative take than the liberal.)

Now, since you want to include what you called "Greater Evil" that you stated would not be considered evil under the original premise (the walk outside the hypothetical that I mentioned), please work with me to define what you see as evil.

If we are to participate in a new hypothetical which God are we talking about? What is considered evil? We need an agreed upon central point, a platform which we can discuss.

Which definition of evil would you like to use? I'll happily participate in a new hypothetical, but not one where it is just "What Frank thinks is evil is evil" because I do not know what you think is evil.

I always have to laugh when smart people think they can have an intelligent debate with idiots and morons.

It's stupid, childish and immature to ban someone for posting in the 'wrong' forum, repeatedly and after numerous warnings.

ftfy

But then, why are you still here?? :D

if Damo is the man I met all those years ago ( 2002 in the march to the Iraq war) he will not ban you

He used to be the best mod on the entire internets

Until he started marching with the republican lies

I still remember that sadness I felt when I came back to the site and he was pretending the Benghazi crap had validity

Damo

dude

Please get right with the facts again

you used to be one of the finest people I ever met on the internets

That's because the real Damo is dissolving inside of an oil drum inside of Grind's garage.

Perhaps it would help if we discussed something else first, Damocles...in fact, two things:

One...why you did not acknowledge that you were wrong and I correct about the "greater evil" comment? Why there was no acknowledgement of an incorrect predicate to a question you asked of me.

Two...why you were calling me out on a deviation from topic...that at worst could be called a MINOR deviation. In fact, it really is NOT a deviation at all. The difference between "sin" and "evil" is essential to a discussion of "if Christianity is true" (what ever the hell that means), why is there so much evil in the world?

That is not straying from the topic...NOT NEARLY SO MUCH AS THIS DEVIATION WE ARE MAKING RIGHT HERE IN THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD.

Let's discuss those two items for a bit. Then we can get to a discussion of what "evil" is...or if "evil" even exists.

The other discussion is assumptive of one thing, the Christian God is the Truth... Any "well this is evil because I say so" is outside that discussion. In that reality only things that are against the will of this God could be evil. Therefore, any discussion outside the premise is outside the conversation.

Why? It wasn't that important. While I did place quotes around the words it was only to stress how you went off premise, it's just quicker than italics.

Anyway, if you cannot comprehend the limits of a premise and how working outside the premise is off topic then I have no further way to explain it to you. Suffice it to say I like the conversation, but I was unwilling to let the conversation in the thread be removed from the original topic and asked you to begin a new thread with a different premise. In this case, you began one in which I was a despot willing to "ban" you for nothing at all.

The other discussion is assumptive of one thing, the Christian God is the Truth... Any "well this is evil because I say so" is outside that discussion. In that reality only things that are against the will of this God could be evil. Therefore, any discussion outside the premise is outside the conversation.

YOUR conversation with me about me being outside the conversation...was outside the conversation. MY COMMENTS...the ones to which you took exception...CLEARLY were about "the Christian god." I even specified that by saying, "You keep talking of "evil" rather than of "sin." There is a difference. In any case..."sin" is doing something that offends a god...or in this case, THE god."

Why? It wasn't that important.

If it "wasn't that important"...why even do it?

While I did place quotes around the words it was only to stress how you went off premise, it's just quicker than italics.

I DIDN'T GO OFF PREMISE. My comments were as much "on premise" as some that you made...and MUCH more "on premise" than many other comments made in that thread.

That, in fact, is one reason why it looked to me that you were trying to set me up for a ban. I might point out to you that when I first came here (not that long ago) several people warned me of people who would set out traps to get people banned. I have seen those same warnings made to others who come here new. Since I felt I was "on topic" and a powerful person like you were insisting I was "off topic"...I assumed (apparently incorrectly) that you were attempting such a maneuver.

I have apologized for that apparently incorrect assumption.

Anyway, if you cannot comprehend the limits of a premise and how working outside the premise is off topic then I have no further way to explain it to you.

I am more than intelligent enough to comprehend such a premise...and I think you are not willing to accept that I DO UNDERSTAND what was happening. Perhaps YOU are having a problem with that.

Suffice it to say I like the conversation, but I was unwilling to let the conversation in the thread be removed from the original topic and asked you to begin a new thread with a different premise. In this case, you began one in which I was a despot willing to "ban" you for nothing at all.

That is bullshit. I started this thread for what I thought was an appropriate reason...which I have explained and re-explained above. I wanted to continue the conversation we were having there. THAT TOPIC rather than politics is the primary focus of all my interest in Internet discussions. It always has been and always will be. Theorizing about the true nature of the REALITY of existence is far more interesting to me than temporary political snits. (Yeah, even though I am in a forum titled "JUST PLAIN POLITICS.)

And, keeping to the actual parameters of the hypothetical of THIS THREAD, it is not about you being a despot willing to ban me for nothing at all...but the POSSIBILITY of you being a "despot" willing to ban me for whatever reason you may have had.

I didn't know...and essentially was asking "IF YOU WERE"...and then advising you "TO JUST DO IT RATHER THAN MANUFACTURING AN EXCUSE."

Back