if you could have one toy for xmas what would it be ?

Wilhelm Zenz

Verified User
The Citroën DS (French pronunciation: ​[si.tʁɔ.ˈɛn de ɛs]) is a front-engine, front-wheel-drive executive car that was manufactured and marketed by the French company Citroën from 1955 to 1975 in sedan, wagon/estate and convertible body configurations. Italian sculptor and industrial designer Flaminio Bertoni and the French aeronautical engineer André Lefèbvre styled and engineered the car. Paul Magès developed the hydropneumatic self-levelling suspension.

Noted for its aerodynamic, futuristic body design and innovative technology, the DS set new standards in ride quality, handling, and braking—and was the first production car equipped with disc brakes.

Citroën sold 1,455,746 examples, including 1,330,755 built at the manufacturer's Paris Quai André-Citroën production plant.

The DS placed third in the 1999 Car of the Century poll recognizing the world's most influential auto designs and was named the most beautiful car of all time by Classic & Sports Car magazine.

The Citroën DS (French pronunciation: ​[si.tʁɔ.ˈɛn de ɛs]) is a front-engine, front-wheel-drive executive car that was manufactured and marketed by the French company Citroën from 1955 to 1975 in sedan, wagon/estate and convertible body configurations. Italian sculptor and industrial designer Flaminio Bertoni and the French aeronautical engineer André Lefèbvre styled and engineered the car. Paul Magès developed the hydropneumatic self-levelling suspension.

Noted for its aerodynamic, futuristic body design and innovative technology, the DS set new standards in ride quality, handling, and braking—and was the first production car equipped with disc brakes.

Citroën sold 1,455,746 examples, including 1,330,755 built at the manufacturer's Paris Quai André-Citroën production plant.

The DS placed third in the 1999 Car of the Century poll recognizing the world's most influential auto designs and was named the most beautiful car of all time by Classic & Sports Car magazine.

I went with a car too. I want a Daytona Coupe with the Ford 427 and side pipes so I don't shoot my eye out.

Nope. A good ole American sports car would suffice

1965-Ford-GT40-replica-fast-five-3.jpg

But this is fine for now

AC-Cobra-427-Kit-Cars-63.jpg

:)

They are known to "bite" if your balls become bigger than your brain.

lol, true, but in my case I got clipped in the rear end by some drunk who wanted to race me and went into a tree in the median.

But, the good news. I'm recovered (mostly) now and I saved the engine and the rear end from the Cobra and I have a Daytona kit sitting in my barn right now. :)

lol, true, but in my case I got clipped in the rear end by some drunk who wanted to race me and went into a tree in the median.

But, the good news. I'm recovered (mostly) now and I saved the engine and the rear end from the Cobra and I have a Daytona kit sitting in my barn right now. :)

I try to avoid stupid people with silly cars they cannot handle, but they are out there.
Glad to hear you're recovered (mostly), and yes, the Daytona is a classy ride too.
What engine and rear do you have for the Daytona?
My Cobra has a 427 FE, toploader and Jag XK6 rear.

I try to avoid stupid people with silly cars they cannot handle, but they are out there.
Glad to hear you're recovered (mostly), and yes, the Daytona is a classy ride too.
What engine and rear do you have for the Daytona?
My Cobra has a 427 FE, toploader and Jag XK6 rear.

I have the 427 FE too. I've got a 9" rear end...I wanted an 8.8 but the 9 is what I had at the time and it worked alright. I had a 3.31 final drive but if I can up that I will.

Planning my next mod for mine. I'm thinking power windows.

Attachments

• IMG_20180412_105332063.jpg
    IMG_20180412_105332063.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20180412_105310788.jpg
    IMG_20180412_105310788.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Thunder hill overlook small.jpg
    Thunder hill overlook small.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 3
I have the 427 FE too. I've got a 9" rear end...I wanted an 8.8 but the 9 is what I had at the time and it worked alright. I had a 3.31 final drive but if I can up that I will.

My 427 is actually a '62 406FE NASCAR block bored to 427 with cross-bolt mains (515HP), close ratio toploader and the Jag rear (Ind. with twin coil overs) has 3:31 gears. It works quite well.

Nice T-Bird. Do you show it?

No trailer queen here. I drive it. Also lots of cruise-ins around here, April-October. I've only entered her in one actual show at a local Lowes that was doing a charity event/ There was about 60 cars there, and I took 2nd out of three trophies given.

No trailer queen here. I drive it. Also lots of cruise-ins around here, April-October. I've only entered her in one actual show at a local Lowes that was doing a charity event/ There was about 60 cars there, and I took 2nd out of three trophies given.

I love those cruise-ins. Lot's of good people there, usually some good food and drink too.

Figures a thread like this would turn into a festival of right-wing liars.

Attended by all the usual suspects.

Back