if you could have one toy for xmas what would it be ?

No trailer queen here. I drive it. Also lots of cruise-ins around here, April-October. I've only entered her in one actual show at a local Lowes that was doing a charity event/ There was about 60 cars there, and I took 2nd out of three trophies given.

Mine's a driver too. I've won 7 trophies this year at various shows. One best of show, the rest first in the Special Interest class. Our local shows average between 75 to 150 cars. I go to as many cruise-ins/shows as I can when weather permits (I did get caught in a heavy downpour an hour from home though...grrr!) and this weekend's show had nearly 700 cars last year. I doubt I'll place at this one because it's hard to compete with trailer queens, but it's really all about the camaraderie of like-minded car enthusiasts, good food and of course the cars.

You drive a Focus don't you?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hey! My mother drives a Focus (she's 91).
But yeah, these libtards who drive a Prius are jealous of us who can afford good ole American muscle.

My 427 is actually a '62 406FE NASCAR block bored to 427 with cross-bolt mains (515HP), close ratio toploader and the Jag rear (Ind. with twin coil overs) has 3:31 gears. It works quite well.

My 'bird has its original 390 FE bored 30-over, so its actually a 396. Stock heads and crank. Lots of oiling mods including 0.075" restrictors to the heads to supply the PQ roller rocker set. I have a Lunati Voodoo RV type roller cam, retro-fit roller lifters, two-row roller timing set. I like to roll, lol.

For the intake I have a Edelbrok Victor single plane, and on top of that a FAST EZ EFI 1.0. Exhaust is Sanderson Hot Rod headers, 2.5" dual exhaust with an H pipe, Borla mufflers and Hushpower bullet style muffs mounted as resonators. Yup- four mufflers. It's still loud.

Ignition is an MSD Ready-to-Run with a 6A box.

I also have a March Serpentine belt kit with a 100 amp alternator, Chevy power steering pump and a Sanden style "peanut" AC compressor hidden down low on the passenger side. I routed the AC lines outside of the engine bay to keep it all neat and tidy.

The 100 amp required me to upgrade the electrical system, so I have a power box from a 2005 Focus mounted under the hood to back feed the OE panel, and I use the relays to trigger my high amp accessories. All the electrical is encased in woven nylon sheath like my '12 Chryco Jeep.

MY AC is a Vintage Air Gen IV that uses my OE heat only controls and a microprocessor. It blends AC and heat with servos and the defrost cycle dehumidifies, like a modern car.

I have a Tanks, Inc. in-tank electric fuel pump, steel feed and return lines, Russel braided hose to match the electrical, and black anodized Russel AN fittings. The big fuel filter is hidden in the driver's fender, along with a late model carbon canister that collects the tank vapors.

My last mod was an AOD from an '88 Crown Vic. That has a high horsepower kit and a custom mount to the big block. It retains the locking torque converter and shifts into OD at about 52 mph, unless I'm romping on it. I have the original 3.00-1 rear so at 70mph the engine is loafing along at 1800 RPMs. I use the OE cooling circuit and an auxiliary filter which is the same size/ type as my oil filter.

Hey! My mother drives a Focus (she's 91).
But yeah, these libtards who drive a Prius are jealous of us who can afford good ole American muscle.

That's the funny thing, my kit cost less than a loaded Prius. It's not like I'm rolling like Bill Gates.

That's the funny thing, my kit cost less than a loaded Prius. It's not like I'm rolling like Bill Gates.
I'm not Bill Gates either.
Add up the assembly hours, additional parts, paint and the aggravation of sorting out the bugs, our toys become quite expensive.

I'm not Bill Gates either.
Add up the assembly hours, additional parts, paint and the aggravation of sorting out the bugs, our toys become quite expensive.

Tell me about it. I'm up to twice what the Haggerty book is on mine. That does not include any of my labor, and I did all of the assembly.

My 'bird has its original 390 FE bored 30-over, so its actually a 396. Stock heads and crank. Lots of oiling mods including 0.075" restrictors to the heads to supply the PQ roller rocker set. I have a Lunati Voodoo RV type roller cam, retro-fit roller lifters, two-row roller timing set. I like to roll, lol.

For the intake I have a Edelbrok Victor single plane, and on top of that a FAST EZ EFI 1.0. Exhaust is Sanderson Hot Rod headers, 2.5" dual exhaust with an H pipe, Borla mufflers and Hushpower bullet style muffs mounted as resonators. Yup- four mufflers. It's still loud.

Ignition is an MSD Ready-to-Run with a 6A box.

I also have a March Serpentine belt kit with a 100 amp alternator, Chevy power steering pump and a Sanden style "peanut" AC compressor hidden down low on the passenger side. I routed the AC lines outside of the engine bay to keep it all neat and tidy.

The 100 amp required me to upgrade the electrical system, so I have a power box from a 2005 Focus mounted under the hood to back feed the OE panel, and I use the relays to trigger my high amp accessories. All the electrical is encased in woven nylon sheath like my '12 Chryco Jeep.

MY AC is a Vintage Air Gen IV that uses my OE heat only controls and a microprocessor. It blends AC and heat with servos and the defrost cycle dehumidifies, like a modern car.

I have a Tanks, Inc. in-tank electric fuel pump, steel feed and return lines, Russel braided hose to match the electrical, and black anodized Russel AN fittings. The big fuel filter is hidden in the driver's fender, along with a late model carbon canister that collects the tank vapors.

My last mod was an AOD from an '88 Crown Vic. That has a high horsepower kit and a custom mount to the big block. It retains the locking torque converter and shifts into OD at about 52 mph, unless I'm romping on it. I have the original 3.00-1 rear so at 70mph the engine is loafing along at 1800 RPMs. I use the OE cooling circuit and an auxiliary filter which is the same size/ type as my oil filter.

Sounds like you've put intelligent thought into making it healthy, reliable, and a comfortable ride, yet keeping it stock looking on the outside. Just don't put those 20" wheels on it if you do any suspension modifications!!

Tell me about it. I'm up to twice what the Haggerty book is on mine. That does not include any of my labor, and I did all of the assembly.

Mine was built turn-key by Unique Motorcars, the engine by Southern Automotive. I've spent enough blood, sweat, tears, cuss words and beer on building cars in my younger days. I wanted something that didn't need any work. One built to the specs this one has would run between $70,000 and $73,000, if you can find the NASCAR block.

Sounds like you've put intelligent thought into making it healthy, reliable, and a comfortable ride, yet keeping it stock looking on the outside. Just don't put those 20" wheels on it if you do any suspension modifications!!
I always admired the classic look of wire wheels and knock-off caps.

I've had this car since '86, bought for $1 from my wife's family. He had four boys and they all took turns abusing it. They hated this car back then, and used to tell stories of the antics they pulled, including doing donuts in Times Square. It has no brakes in it when I bought it, so I used a triangle hitch to tow it behind my '85 Fox body TBird. Talk about a white-knuckle ride. Back then I had about $1000/ year tops to work on it. So I got it running and stopping, rebuilt the suspension, and not much else. I did chrome the bumpers- cost was $750 and my wife was mad about that for about 20 years.

In the early 90's I had a Ford Bronco and the big OE tires from that became the new ones for the Bird. Tall black walls and factory hubcaps looked awful.

Home ownership, work and kids took priority for a real long time so the bird went from garage to barn to garage with very little work done to it until my kids were in college. I started back on it 2012.

After I got the car reassembled I looked at it sitting in my driveway, gorgeous Wimbledon White paint with three coats of clear, polished, and all the chrome replaced or cleaned up. Then I looked at those ugly Bronco tires and just shook my head. I went inside and ordered a set of stainless steel spoke wheels, 15" and chose the offset for a '65 model. The price was reasonable at $440/ wheel and hubs. Tires are 225R 70 series. The white walls fool the eye and make the wheels look much bigger, and just the right size for the car.

dsignore443.jpg

Dumbass.

I am going for a kayak and a rack for my Jeep. But alas, I have not been very good this year. Last couple months are the most important, I will try to be real good.

One vehicle that I used to own and wish I still had, was a 1950 Chevy panel truck.
Straight 6, granny gear trans, and someone had installed a lift kit, so it sat about the same ride height as a truck today.

That granny gear trans would goat climb a hill, without even having to accelerate.

It was painted metallic blue and my then girlfriend, now my wife, hated it. :D

images

Last edited:
One vehicle that I used to own and wish I still had, was a 1950 Chevy panel truck.
Straight 6, granny gear trans, and someone had installed a lift kit, so it sat about the same ride height as a truck today.

That granny gear trans would goat climb a hill, without even having to accelerate.

It was painted metallic blue and my then girlfriend, now my wife, hated it. :D

images

The guy who did the body and paint on my car did one of those as well, I thing it was a '56. The long term owner had turned it into a drag vehicle and after he got older wanted to turn it back into a cruiser. The front clip was all welded together with its own tube frame so to access the engine you slid it forward then titled it forward. I designed a system for it to do that automatically.

Back