If you had a tatto

And not the guy from fantasy island....

1. Where would it be
1a. Why and what is the significance

2. Would you ever have it removed?

I would never have a tattoo. When I was in the 4th grade or so, we kids would ride by the haunted house... And one day this freaking old man walks out, we all slam on our drum brakes and just stare.

He slowly walks to the front of the house, in a wife beater tank top and old dirty jeans. The old fooker just stared at us and he had all these tats on his arms. My idiot friends fled

I stood there in stupidity or fright, can't remember which. He comes over to me and says, you're friends left. I'm silently hoping I don't soil myself.

So I said, why the tattoos?

He actually explained each one.

Great story each one.

However, at his age, they looked nothing like the original story.

1. Where would it be

Why would anyone want permanent Graffiti on their body?
Think how that beautiful work of art will look as you get older and your skin wrinkles and sags.

Why would anyone want permanent Graffiti on their body?
Think how that beautiful work of art will look as you get older and your skin wrinkles and sags.

That was precisely the first thought when he told me his tattoo stories. Actually, you just made me remember the conversation a little more, I think I said...that doesn't look like that... And he told me, well 40 years ago she did.

I rode bike as fast to home as I could...

Probably was his wife and his skin was so old...

Anyway, weird story of tattoos

I would never have a tattoo. When I was in the 4th grade or so, we kids would ride by the haunted house... And one day this freaking old man walks out, we all slam on our drum brakes and just stare.

He slowly walks to the front of the house, in a wife beater tank top and old dirty jeans. The old fooker just stared at us and he had all these tats on his arms. My idiot friends fled

I stood there in stupidity or fright, can't remember which. He comes over to me and says, you're friends left. I'm silently hoping I don't soil myself.

Great story each one.

Great story.

I was about that age when my grandfather and I used to visit his neighbor. He was my grandfather's "Portagee" friend. That was a well-respected term back in Gloucester, MA, back in the day, which has a large population of folks with Portugal ancestry. His name was Ben, and he was a lot older than my grandfather. He was a WW1 veteran. We liked to hang out in his "shop", which was not much bigger than a tool shed, heated with a tiny pot belly stove. He had all these navy tattoos on his arms and they looked terrible. When he saw me looking at them he told me to never get one, because after many years this is what they look like.

I'd never get a tattoo. My father didn't when he served, but his brothers got one on their forearm of the branch they served in in WWII. I'm cool with that. Nothing wrong with showing you served in our military. But those sleeves and other shit, forget it! I only ever dated one woman with a tattoo, she was 23, I was 42 :awesome:

1. Where would it be

I already have several.

1 - Upper body or arms
1a - Many different reasons (like the design - remembrance of something that occurred - etc.)

2 - Not removed; but maybe covered up by a different one.

Great story each one.

The ink back then was different and has improved over the years, for the lines to stay sharp and the colors to still be bright.

Back