In Defense of Carbon Dioxide

What training and education makes him an authority on the impact of increased CO2 on the environment as a whole and human habitation and welfare?

What training does Rajendra Pachauri have that allows him to head up the IPCC? Do you consider being a railway engineer sufficient qualification?

Pachauri was born in Nainital, India. He was educated at La Martiniere College in Lucknow[SUP][4][/SUP] and at the Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering in Jamalpur, Bihar. He belongs to the Special Class Railway Apprentices, 1958 Batch, an elite scheme which heralded the beginning of mechanical engineering education in India.[SUP][5][/SUP] He began his career with the Indian Railways at the Diesel Locomotive Works in Varanasi. He joined the North Carolina State University in Raleigh, USA, where he obtained an MS in Industrial Engineering in 1972, and a Ph.D. with co-majors in Industrial Engineering and Economics in 1974.[SUP][6][/SUP]

Last edited:
you are right... how ever could an engineer be expected to be able to crunch numbers.

It's not a matter of just crunching numbers, SF. I mean, yes, plants benefit from increased CO2 in a small, closed environment like a greenhouse. The net effects of increased CO2 on a global scale is just a tad different.

Also, too, you should probably look up the fallacy of exclusion.

What training does Rajendra Pachauri have that allows him to head up the IPCC? Do you consider being a railway engineer sufficient qualification?

Pachauri was born in Nainital, India. He was educated at La Martiniere College in Lucknow[SUP][4][/SUP] and at the Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering in Jamalpur, Bihar. He belongs to the Special Class Railway Apprentices, 1958 Batch, an elite scheme which heralded the beginning of mechanical engineering education in India.[SUP][5][/SUP] He began his career with the Indian Railways at the Diesel Locomotive Works in Varanasi. He joined the North Carolina State University in Raleigh, USA, where he obtained an MS in Industrial Engineering in 1972, and a Ph.D. with co-majors in Industrial Engineering and Economics in 1974.[SUP][6][/SUP]

Ever noitce how you don't answer any questions?

It's not a matter of just crunching numbers, SF. I mean, yes, plants benefit from increased CO2 in a small, closed environment like a greenhouse. The net effects of increased CO2 on a global scale is just a tad different.

Also, too, you should probably look up the fallacy of exclusion.

I am sorry, but what is your background and qualifications again?

There's no data to respond to, SF. It's a guy saying that since plants benefit from increased CO2, everything will be awesome in an environment of increased CO2. It's a facially ridiculous argument.

Also, too, I only "attacked the messenger" after Aox appealed to their "authority." So, take it up with him, hotshot.

ever notice how you always attack the messenger and don't respond to the data in the OP?

That's our Dung, always plays the man not the ball. Speaking to these people is like talking to a religious zealot, they are unshakable in their convictions and no new knowledge will persuade them otherwise.

That's our Dung, always plays the man not the ball. Speaking to these people is like talking to a religious zealot, they are unshakable in their convictions and no new knowledge will persuade them otherwise.

LOL. Who really does pay you, though, Aox? I mean, surely you make some money for digging up ridiculous months old op-eds from the WSJ and posting them on message boards, no?

LOL. Who really does pay you, though, Aox? I mean, surely you make some money for digging up ridiculous months old op-eds from the WSJ and posting them on message boards, no?

Oh ok, now you are reduced to the shill tactic, obviously been talking to Rune. Funny how you didn't use the "what are their qualifications" ploy with Richard Lindzen!! He lives in Boston so you could go see him and ask him yourself.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...fense-of-Carbon-Dioxide&p=1337590#post1337590

Aox: These guys are really, really smart. One guy went to the moon!

Me: Yeah, he also went on Alex Jones, so . . .

SF: Oh, so going on a show negates his experience and training?

Me: What experience and training does he have on the subject?

SF: He can do math.

Me: Um, it's not really a math problem.

SF: Oh, yeah, what experience and training do you have?

Aox: Good one.

Fin.

Aox: These guys are really, really smart. One guy went to the moon!

Me: Yeah, he also went on Alex Jones, so . . .

SF: Oh, so going on a show negates his experience and training?

Me: What experience and training does he have on the subject?

SF: He can do math.

Me: Um, it's not really a math problem.

SF: Oh, yeah, what experience and training do you have?

Aox: Good one.

Fin.

Here is the simplified first-order approximation expression for CO2. A doubling of CO2 concentration only gives you around a 1.2 C temperature rise but that doesn't alarm anybody, even you, so they have to make up all kinds of fanciful positive feedbacks to get you really shitting yourself.

74945338ec357d4a68e5f5356f8f19a0.png

where C is the CO[SUB]2[/SUB] concentration in parts per million by volume and C[SUB]0[/SUB] is the reference concentration.[SUP][6][/SUP] The relationship between carbon dioxide and radiative forcing is logarithmic, and thus increased concentrations have a progressively smaller warming effect.

Back