In two weekends...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
On the 21st my best friend is getting married (again) this time, I think he got it right.

Anyway, I'll be cooking (as will he) for the reception...

Crunch time. I feel a bit of stress going on here. It's an odd feeling, I'm not usually effected all that much by the whole stress thing. But I don't want to wreck up the Wellington...

I've watched Hell's kitchen a couple of times this season and he reams people out for messing up the Wellington.

I'm sure everything will go smoothly.

On the 21st my best friend is getting married (again) this time, I think he got it right.

Crunch time. I feel a bit of stress going on here. It's an odd feeling, I'm not usually effected all that much by the whole stress thing. But I don't want to wreck up the Wellington...

That's so cool that you're cooking for your friend's wedding!

You won't mess it up.

I've watched Hell's kitchen a couple of times this season and he reams people out for messing up the Wellington.

I'm sure everything will go smoothly.
They always try to rush it and leave the meat cold, or they forget it and overcook the meat and dry up the bread.

I can't believe some of these people get onto the show and can't cook a Wellington right.

Second marriages are typically the best. Everyone should screw up at least one marriage. And learn from their mistake. Look at Ronald Reagan, John McCain and Fred Thompson!

Oh hell No!

Im keeping my first and only.

I cant imagine trying to find another one as perfect as he is.

Damo, I thought you were a vegetarian? Or are you one of those people that can cook meat really well even though you don't eat it?

I plan on trading my future husbands in every 10 years for a fresh 23 year old.

Damo, I thought you were a vegetarian? Or are you one of those people that can cook meat really well even though you don't eat it?
Yeah, I ate the stuff most of my life too...

We are also doing a turducken. We'll see how these people like good cajun food, along with the standby...

Yeah, I ate the stuff most of my life too...

We are also doing a turducken. We'll see how these people like good cajun food, along with the standby...

I don't think I could give up meat. And I'm not big on meat supplements like the veggie burger or anything with tofu. Its hard to imagine a turducken being any good. I'd rather just have vegetables or a portabello mushroom.

(I know....tmi.....but oh well)

I don't think I could give up meat. And I'm not big on meat supplements like the veggie burger or anything with tofu. Its hard to imagine a turducken being any good. I'd rather just have vegetables or a portabello mushroom.

(I know....tmi.....but oh well)
You don't know what a turducken is, do you?

It is a deboned chicken, stuffed into a deboned duck, stuffed into a deboned turkey, each layer with stuffing between it.

the meats compliment each other, the turkey isn't dry as the duck's juices are absorbed, the duck isn't overly greasy as it is absorbed by the turkey, the chicken and the duck mix well....

It is a very, very tasty dish. I wish I still ate meat... :D

You don't know what a turducken is, do you?

It is a deboned chicken, stuffed into a deboned duck, stuffed into a deboned turkey, each layer with stuffing between it.

the meats compliment each other, the turkey isn't dry as the duck's juices are absorbed, the duck isn't overly greasy as it is absorbed by the turkey, the chicken and the duck mix well....

It is a very, very tasty dish. I wish I still ate meat... :D

LOL clearly I didn't! Tiana-owned! :eek:

LOL I thought it was some sort of tofu soy mass in the shape of a chicken. I was sitting here like, "ewww.....those vegetarians and their meat supplements"

1/2 cup olive oil
2 cups yellow onions, small dice
1 cup red onions, small dice
1 cup bell peppers, small dice
1 cup celery, small dice
2 cups eggplant, diced
1 cup yellow squash, diced
1 cup zucchini, diced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons minced shallots
3 cups chopped tomatoes
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
3 bay leaves
4 cups long grain rice
1 cup tomato paste
8 cups vegetable stock
1 cup chopped green onions

Back