Incandescent, Compact Florescent, LED ...

They will, because..........................................OBAMA.

Way back in October 2007, candidate Barack Obama pledged to "immediately sign a law that begins to phase out all incandescent light bulbs."

Even though it was George who actually did it.

About two months later, President George W. Bush signed a bill to do that -- the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007.

Thanks. Still ... no one complaining. :)

So long as you are not using a dimmer switch buy an LED bulb. CFL's are crap compared to them and incandescents are hard to find these days.

Never, ever, use an LED or CFL--particularly CFL--with a dimmer switch! They will fail in short order and CFL's used with one, particularly Chinese made CFL's can potentially start a fire.
They make LED units that can be dimmed. Some switches work better than others. CFLs were a bit of a scam when it came to longevity. The ratings were based on one on/off cycle per day. There are some instances where that's possible, but it's not typical.

"Phase-out of incandescent light bulbs
Governments around the world have passed measures to phase out incandescent light bulbs for general lighting in favor of more energy-efficient lighting alternatives. Phase-out regulations effectively ban the manufacture, importation, or sale of incandescent light bulbs for general lighting.Wikipedia"
The only incandescents that have been phased out are 100 watt. For some applications, only incandescents will work. Like using one to throw a small amount of heat on a cold water pipe in the winter.

Thanks. Still ... no one complaining. :)
LOL. Because nut jobs went out and bought cases of incandescent bulbs, thinking that they were going to disappear. My FIL still has a lifetime supply. So do I...at any grocery store.

The only incandescents that have been phased out are 100 watt. For some applications, only incandescents will work. Like using one to throw a small amount of heat on a cold water pipe in the winter.

I use a Hair Dryer for 'frozen pipes'. :)

LOL. Because nut jobs went out and bought cases of incandescent bulbs, thinking that they were going to disappear. My FIL still has a lifetime supply. So do I...at any grocery store.

Well, I hope he enjoys changing light bulbs.

I use a Hair Dryer for 'frozen pipes'. :)
LOL. Don't we all? I use the bulbs to prevent the freezing. We all have that one valve/pipe section that is on a cold wall. A 40 watt bulb is all that's necessary to prevent problems.

when we remodeled the house three years ago I replaced every light bulb with LEDs.......they look just like incandescent bulbs........I have not had to replace one of them since then........not even the one at the top of the stairs, which I used to have to replace three times a year......

They make LED units that can be dimmed. Some switches work better than others. CFLs were a bit of a scam when it came to longevity. The ratings were based on one on/off cycle per day. There are some instances where that's possible, but it's not typical.

Yes, but I recommend against them and dimmer switches in general. CFL's cannot be used with a dimmer because of the ballast electronics in them. These will fail in short order if the wrong voltage is applied and the cheap Chinese ones have been known to ignite.

2011-cfl-light-bulb-compact-fluorescent-lampjpg-d2826ba9ee61df33.jpg

Many CFL's have it printed right on them not to use them with a dimmer switch, but people still do...

So I asked the pizza man.Halide or Acinic?

I can’t afford it.

We don’t get paid for cover stitch.
I need the yarn for crochet.
That we can afford to do.
Make more ravel cloth.
Can I see the spec sheet?

I need fashioned plackets on my Jonny collars.

Yes, but I recommend against them and dimmer switches in general. CFL's cannot be used with a dimmer because of the ballast electronics in them. These will fail in short order if the wrong voltage is applied and the cheap Chinese ones have been known to ignite.

2011-cfl-light-bulb-compact-fluorescent-lampjpg-d2826ba9ee61df33.jpg

Many CFL's have it printed right on them not to use them with a dimmer switch, but people still do...
As opposed to the LEDs, I'm not sure they make dimmable CFL? And yes...even without a dimmer the cheaper Chinese CFL bulbs did indeed cause fires.

Given the different technology, I see no risk in dimming LEDs with proper dimmers/bulbs.

Back